turbo or supercharging pitbikes?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

salvage

Reaction score
hey guys,

i was with a mate and he said that the local pit bike store was selling turbos and superchargers.

is it true and whats the price? i havent got my bike yet but im looking to pick up a 2nd hand 125 - 150cc for around $400.

would the turbo/super do much for the bike or is it going to be a waste of money?

thanks reply!

I have seen several pitbikes with home done turbo jobs, personally i think other then the wank factor of saying your bike is turbo there is really no reason. If you want the extra power then get the lifan 140cc instead of a 125cc, for the price of a second hand 125cc + a turbo kit you could probably buy a new mso or pitpro 140cc. The thing you have to remember is the ease of rideabilty would be reduced with the turbo bike as you would say try to pop a wheelie, get it half way up then it comes on boost and flips the bike, or come around the corner full stick, boost kicks in a frys the back tyre, bike slides out because the rear broke traction to violently and down you go. Kinda stops being fun. Also the ones i saw were temperamental as hell and wouldn't idle properly, don't forget the extra strain on motor resulting in a blown motor alot quicker. Spend the money on a better bike to start with and it will be money well spent

from what i know no one sells ready made turbo or supercharger kits for pitbikes
there is a thing going around that is pretty much a computer fan connected to the carby and runs on the magneto or battery but these do not work

ive seen i around 5-6 turboed pitbikes but none of the builders said it worked and made tiny to no boost at all
turbos are just too big for these small cc engines

as for supercharges i have see 2 and one guy is claiming it does work but at the moment is only creating small amount of boost and is not worth the trobble

when you put a turbo on dont you have to let more fuel into the cylinder.

or the fact that they will not kick in as there is not enough back pressure to spin a propeller on a car turbo no matter the size, these engines are tiny... it is completely a waist of time!

i have seen elec turbos on e-bay you just press a button when you wont it to turn on but not sure how well they work

Last edited:
they work off a batteryand i dont think they would work that well either. the engines are just to small for them and you wouldnt get much boost out of them.

hey guys,

i was with a mate and he said that the local pit bike store was selling turbos and superchargers.

is it true and whats the price? i havent got my bike yet but im looking to pick up a 2nd hand 125 - 150cc for around $400.

would the turbo/super do much for the bike or is it going to be a waste of money?

thanks reply!

Waste of money. Engines are too small. Why not supercharge a whipper snipper while you're at it!

turbo

every1 is saying these engines are to small, and boost coming on we are not talking about a skyline with a 1000hp turbo, think about it,a smaller engine has much less air flow so u don't have to pump too much more air in to get beter performace, also these turbos run of electricity not exhaust gas so you don't have boost 'comming' on because the turbo is always spinning at one speed, don't get me wrong i still think these are a wank!!

turbos do work but it would have 2 be smaller than a cd

I was looking into this myself for my Z50, i had a lead on a turbo to suit these engines just fine (was pictured sitting ON a $5 note). Tuning would be a hassle but it would be worth it if your chaseing big HP/hard fast and deadly bike:D

hahaha, aint seen fat pizaa or what ever it'd called in a while.

Latest posts

Back