tyre pressure!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jake.7410

Reaction score
what tyre pressure is everyone running? cant find any markings on my tyre or in the manual.... its says something about 0.5 but its not psi after it.... but if it is i find that hard to believe.... can anyone help me out... im riding a TDR 110cc if that helps

well I run about 15 in the front and anywhere from 20 to 30 in the rear only run the low psi in the front if you have a rim lock

well in ur manual it shud say the reccomended tyre pressure, in mine it said 15-18 psi, but to be honest i just pump it up till its hard, lol. also, do u have rimlocks in ur tyres? these pretty much stop u from tearing valve stems out if ur tyre gos flat while ur riding (how could u not tho ;) ) if not, i would atleast put 1 in ur rear wheel.

well in ur manual it shud say the reccomended tyre pressure, in mine it said 15-18 psi, but to be honest i just pump it up till its hard, lol. also, do u have rimlocks in ur tyres? these pretty much stop u from tearing valve stems out if ur tyre gos flat while ur riding (how could u not tho ;) ) if not, i would atleast put 1 in ur rear wheel.

well I run about 15 in the front and anywhere from 20 to 30 in the rear only run the low psi in the front if you have a rim lock

thanks for that guys! i know im running 30 in the rear cause i had to pump it up and wasnt sure... but the fronts i dont know about... and being a stock bike id think it wouldnt have rim lock in it... (im brand new to this scene) can you please tell me what a rim lock is exactly? and where it goes?

20 front, 22 rear. with rim locks

thanks for that guys! i know im running 30 in the rear cause i had to pump it up and wasnt sure... but the fronts i dont know about... and being a stock bike id think it wouldnt have rim lock in it... (im brand new to this scene) can you please tell me what a rim lock is exactly? and where it goes?

It stops the tube from running inside of the rim or tyre when you have low pressure or a puncture it saves your valve stems from being ripped out this is where it goes
367678494_229.JPG

to install them people usually drill the hole opposite the valve stem

anyone using bolts for rim locks the type that push into the side of the tyre are they any better?

i've only heard on them being used in cars, to stop the tyres from turning on the rims, drag cars and speedway cars

there bead locks, they are only fitted to the outer edge of the rim, im running about 32 in front and about 36 in the back,

there bead locks, they are only fitted to the outer edge of the rim
yeah that what i was saying

i have never seen the bolts for motorcycles that push into the bead of the tyre on the sides, that zwebx was talking about.

yeah that what i was saying

i have never seen the bolts for motorcycles that push into the bead of the tyre on the sides, that zwebx was talking about.
yeah there was one guy at vcm from nsw that had that setup.. i remember his face but a username or name does not come to mind (im pretty horrible with names at the best of times) like what you see on rock crawlers

i guess they'd do the same thing, stop the tyre from moving along the rim and ripping the valve out.

oh yeah, and thanks for lending me that activity award, i see you have it back again, lol

Latest posts

Back