Ultimate Build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Achmed

Reaction score
If you we're going to build a 'Mid Size' bike from the ground up, from only China parts, what would you use ? Particularily if the bike is a high quality race bike for dirt. ( so durable enough to handle race size jumps )

Frame ? and Why ?
Engine ? Mods ?
Suspension ? Why ?
Other considerations ?

haha thats not what hes asking mate. anyone can go out, buy a race prep'd bike. i was considering the same thing. build it up. you know how everything is put together then and its to how you want it. im curious to know aswell

you wanna go crf stlyle or klx?

If you wanna go crf get the Twin-Trellis frame for it. Also makes it a midsize bike then as tht frame sits at about 820mm.Its one of the strongest china frames

Suspension:

FRONT FORKS:Fastace AS-01 or DNM

BACK SHOCK:Fasrace 66RC or DNM MT-RC

Engine:

yx150 with r head,165cc kit,28mm carby

Ok I would base mine on a klx110 starting with:

The stock frame out of a klx 110 , find it from a wreckers: $100-300 (STRONG!!!)
-Then the standard swingarm of a mso x7r (A frame) = $50
- Then Fastace as02 forks = $230
- Red barron david pingree bars for klx110 = $90
- 14" blue billet hub front wheel and 12" billet rear wheel with black rims = $150
- White klx110 plastics , just china ones = $30
- Klx110 copy tank = $30
- YX150 motor as it looks the same a klx110 motor = $350
- Red barron peg mount ( Get rid of any china mount) = $120
- IMS steel footpegs = $60
- Twin piston rear brake set up = $55
- DHZ bbr copy klx110 seat = $40
- Sik110's graphics in blue = $80

Thats on a budget , you could get all exotic but lets keep it realistic

hey unit mx where would you get the wheels from??

I would build a KLX style, or actually, there are now KTM style plastics available which look cool.
Probably based on a trellis or twin trellis frame. The billet look frames look great but the light ones may be prone to breakage, and the more solid ones are heavy.

Last edited:
one problem with that unit, is that the yx mounts is crf style not klx so it would be a pain to get it to fit.

one problem with that unit, is that the yx mounts is crf style not klx so it would be a pain to get it to fit.

Yes true , But its been done many times before though. I'd just lob some mounts of a crf based frame and weld them onto the klx frame based on where the rear mounts are on the engine. If it doesn't work try the hillbilly method of adding more metal if nothing fits.
Get the wheels from pimpit dispite the rims being poo.

Latest posts

Back