uni filter for pitpro

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j-boy

Reaction score
hey fellas'

i recently just bought a uni filter for my pitpro.
it is a pitpro 140xr and i bought a 30mm uni filter
but when i put it on and tighten it, it slides off

i do not think i have the wrong size airfilter but maybe i do

any suggestions?

cheers:confused:

Hi j-boy
You need a 40mm Unifilter to suit the Mikuni carby on an XR140......
Note: Unifilter filters have a very slippery Silicone rubber flange and need to be pushed in place and held firmly whilst you are tightening the clamp or the slippery sucker will slide off !!

Cheers Brian

if he bought a 30mm and it needs a 40mm how would he of got the 30mm one on
just get a ruler or measuring tape and measure the your old filter that came with your bike and that will give you what size you need and make sure the clamp is sitting over the inlet to the carby.

yeah j-boy mine does that aswel
what you will have to do is get a good clean rag and clean the two surfaces, put the clamp towards the end of the rubber flange, push the filter on and hold it there and tighten the clamp

kk thankyou
i ordered a 30mm filter so im pretty sure thats what i got
thanx masterspoon ill try that

where did you order your "30mm" filter from j-boy? i just went and checked what i'm running on my pitpro 140xr and the ID on mine is 44mm. However you could be mistaken in thinking you have a 30mm unifilter if you bought something like this
PITPRO
but if you look down the bottom they are Straight pod - 44mm intake, 100mm length, 72mm O.D.

don't think you will ever manage to get one with an ID of 30mm on there so I think that maybe you have been confused.

Top work masterspoon ....... spot on info ^^^^^ ...... ;)

yep ur completley right masterspoon what i meant to say was a bought a 44mm intake filter which on the pitpro website said was for 30mm carbs

Latest posts

Back