Uni filter or TB filter

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

8r3nd0

Sinister 50's
Reaction score
To tell you the truth, I've had no luck with either. Both split even though I hardly ride and take good care of them. Why not try going an airbox setup man?

that filter you linked isn't a great filter, the spring inside wears a hole though the foam. happens very quickly aswell

uni filters are good but the rubber spilts within afew rides.
altho never had a problem with them on my motovert afew years ago when it was standard.. now with the lxr they spilt in atleast 3 rides..

48mm Dual Stage Uni Air Filter this one could be better, i used them 3 years ago when i had the motovert standard.

The reason they split is over tightening.
To stop the rubber splitting you have to make sure the clamp is pushed all the way on and dont tighten it much at all. Less is more.

Exactly ^^^
I have only ever split 1 uni filter , and that was years ago from over tightening.

Uni filter are a massive company that specialize in filters .

TB are a small in comparison company that specialize in just above average minibike engine parts.

What do you think would be better ?

To stop the rubber splitting you have to make sure the clamp is pushed all the way on and dont tighten it much at all. Less is more.

Yes i agree less is more but its a fine line. I put holes in 3 in 2 rides. Getting expensive.

Im like woggy. I broke my first 1 on my first ride and have not broken 1 since.
The carbie has ribs as does the filter so your not using the clamp to squash the rubber your only using it to stop the rubber slididng off.

lol I'm not having problems with the rubber sleeve splitting, but the actual foam seperating from the rubber base, and yeah getting expensive for me too lol, 10 hour old bike and been through 3 filters :(

lol I'm not having problems with the rubber sleeve splitting, but the actual foam seperating from the rubber base, and yeah getting expensive for me too lol, 10 hour old bike and been through 3 filters :(

Its not rubbing on your legs while your riding?
Not running too rich and spitting fuel out keeping it wet?

Proper maintenance and installation is key.

Exactly ^^^
I have only ever split 1 uni filter , and that was years ago from over tightening.

Uni filter are a massive company that specialize in filters .

TB are a small in comparison company that specialize in just above average minibike engine parts.

What do you think would be better ?

+1 I Run nothing but UNI filters on my toys. After seeing how much dirt K&N lets by I started seeking other options. Someone that I ride with mentioned UNI and after one use I was hooked. I have 2 built quads and now my pitbike that are protected by uni. I don't have any issues with them whatsoever.

The style may be dependent upon splitting too if you really think its the filter. I run the all black (single layer) and then get an outerwear to put over the outside. The filters must also be cleaned/oiled in order to last.

Latest posts

Back