unknwon pitty problem

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juliman

Reaction score
well i was out riding and i let someone on my 125cc motoworks pitty(pit bike)when he started doing burnouts in sand he was revving it pretty high then he stoped and rode away but then he was about 50m away when a puff of smoke came out of the exhaust so i ran over and saw that the engine was covered in oil, i dont know wat this could be but after that i rode it home and and have run it a bit since but i still dont know wat the prob is can you please help i mean really please thanks
o yer the prob hasnt occured since it happend
oh btw the engine is a lifan 125cc 2008

update: i think i have done a ring cuz it smokes like all hell, so im gunna pull it down agen and c, and get a new ring set and barrel or maybe even a big bore kit...

Last edited:
ok.. what seals do you reckon and are you sure cuz it hasnt happend agen and it runs fine now

You may think it's running fine but you will be doing damage to the motor. I would replace the lot. They are cheap and it's easier that way.

might be an obvious question, but was all the oil coming out of the breather on the left hand side rear of the engine cases...???
If the bike is laid over doing doughies for a fair while, it's possible that the oil has sloshed around in the sump, and come out of the breather.... thus splashing black stuff over your bike and hopefully your mates boots..

nah i dont think it was cuz he was stayin still jsut spinning the tyre, oh btw does any know what caused the puff of smoke?

does it have the breather tube on it still?
if thats gone then oil will go everywhere.
and thats about the only place it can come out. if it was from somewhere else youd think it would happen all the time...
what happens is when the engine gets really hot it likes to cook the oil, this inturn makes the oil runny like water and will get dumped out the breather....(quick description, alot more happens than that)

have you done a oil change on it since? im guessing the oil would of smelt really bad
your description is pretty brief...

puff of smoke....valve stem seals or blown head gasket, oil landing on hot exhaust pipe....

oil over everything... blown head gasket, cracked oil line, blown seal.... or, as everyone mentioned...breather hose...

hows compression? does it still smoke? making any unusual noises?

ummm did you check the oil levels? maybe it's not coming out anymore because it's empty?

ok yer i topped oil up agen so that good but no it not maken any weird noises so yer im confuzzled btw im pretty well mechanicly minded so yer lol

compression great ( i think cuz i dont have compression check tool and probably wont get 1 either but it feels fine, runs fine so yer

sean i didnt do oil change but i took head off and oil came out it smelt a bit weird but other wise no and breather pipe is still on, hoping it could be your runny oil problem

if its still running fine, thats good. just keep the oil changes up to it as it should of had the oil changed straight away...

but anyways at least you know that pit bikes arnt burnout machines...lol

lol thanks im gunna do oil change as soon as i get some new oil (used last of it to top up lol) and i suppose you are right lol atleast i think?lol =-)

Latest posts

Back