Upgrade for snappy power?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stipe

Reaction score
Hi there guys,

I own an Atomik nitrous 140cc, i'm wondering if you can recommend anything to make the power delivery way more snappy. The bike is quick as is but i want to make it kinda **** your pants scary in a sense.

Is this possible? cheers.

Better camshaft and valve spring's, head port work, high comp piston etc will make the engine work better.
Better flat slide carby to go with it too.

Otherwise a bigger engine like the Z160HO will be the next step up

Inner Rotor Kit will give more of a snappy feel to the throttle. Get a good one though...

The Lifan 140's have an oil slinger so i wouldn't use an inner rotor kit
Lifan 150 adjustable timing semi digital outer rotor kit's are the go.

Would i be able to throw on a big bore or something like that? Was considering upgrading the carb as a start. But dont think it will change too much. "There's no replacement for displacement."

You could have it bored and fit a 150 Lifan piston
There used to be a TB 57mm piston kit for them, but i dont think the sell them anymore.
Akunar would sell something, you'll need to email them and ask what they can do..
I think 57mm is the limit before it requires a case bore.
Then you could always go a stroker crank, that and the bore/piston kit will take it to around 161cc's
But then the gearbox /clutch becomes an issue..

When i swapped my mikuni copy 22/26mm for an OKO 26mm it was like chalk and cheese.
Throttle response was almost instant, and made it a bit harder to keep the front wheel on the ground.
Was always fun watching someone ride it the first time

So for now, swapping the carby seems like the right thing to do then go from there. Would you recommend any carbs?

For the 140cc i'd use the Oko 24mm,
But if your planning on bigger cc's later go for the Oko 26mm

Get a bigger pilot jet as well when you buy it, a #38 should suit it well.
maybe an extra main jet or 2 as well, a 102 and a 105
The Oko carbs need a bigger air filter, get a Uni filter with a 48mm i/d
The throttle cable also need's to be changed to one with 150mm of cable out the end of the outer.
Dhz sell a kit at a good price, $165 including a quick throttle for the lot.

Yeah i was thinking the DHZ kit. What should i expect from the bike after installing the 26mm?

It'll be a bit touchy on the throttle till you're used to it.
You will notice it will be a lot more responsive to your throttle position.
Will feel a bit more like a motocross bike.

Dont forget to spray or soak the filter in air filter oil too..

Get a good cam and valve springs to go with the oko. Classichonda50s have a few tb cams I think.. if you can find a hi compression piston from akunar it will also open it up abit.

cheers for all the responses. i dont want to spend and arm and leg on it as its just an atomik, so the carb replacement seems to be the go. Just a quick one should i go the 1/4 or the 1/8th throttle? im mainly doing flatland and train no tracks.

Just an Atomik ?
Iirc the VCM Championship series was won on an Atomik a couple of year's ago.

Depending on what model your Atomik is, but they usually come with a 1/4 throttle standard
one like this-

images

Latest posts

Back