upgrades to crf50

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minirider200

Reaction score
hi all. I'm thinking about getting a stock crf50 and doing it up. anyone know what I'll need to do and how much it will cost me for basic upgrades to start with?

hey bud
bar kit $300
h/d rear spring about $60
h/d fork springs $70
then you can just keep on modding as you go.

im in the process of modding a crf50 now...

cant be bothered to go into detail (sorry :))

1000 -second hand crf50
800 - for basic mods . eg: big bar kit , stiff springs f/r HD pegmound pegs and i really not in the mood for thinking lol.

but yer you can def make it rideable for like 1400 bucks and add along what you like as u get more money (makes it feel like u spent less doing in that way to)

thanks for that. i've heard of people just putting a set of bmx bars on crfs instead of a $300 bar kit, would that work or would i need a proper kit?

yer well a kit is a simple way because you need the tripple clamp as the stock one is welded to the bars, then you will need a new throttle, throttle cable, brake cable, killswitch, brake leaver so a bar kit is easier

Get your parts from either oz50.com.au OR eastcoast50s.com.au

They are the only two i deal with now. Oz50 and Eastcoast know whats going on and never have any issues with them. They have the good stuff and ship it out very fast.

oz50 are great to deal with overnight delivery no hassels and there prices are pretty good to

also this is what i would do
-bar kit $300 to $350 depending if you get billet throttle or not
-heavy duty rear spring like $60 or find a second hand i-shock for around the $120 to $200
-red baron complete tall seat $120
-heavy duty foot pegs depending on brand like $80 to $125
-uni filter $30
-red baron +1 forkleg kit and heavy duty springs $300

so for like $850 to $1000 spent on a stock crf50 it will be a great stocker and then just slowly buy more and more till you get it how you want it hope that helps

Last edited:
if your a bigger build then the stock seat sucks and the tall flat seat makes the bike look 10 times better than a stock seat

ohh ide say im a pretty big build, but i wouldnt say i sit down that often as i dont ride tracks i jump ramps n bmx stuff so im standing most the time
probably the reason im fine with the stock seat???

yeah that would be it i cant stand i have to sit due to my knee injury so thats why i use a tall seat so much more comfortable....

yeah im still into them i havnt riden it in a while cause i got a jet ski for christmas and all my mates are on holidays so been at our beach on the river nearly everyday with the boat and jet ski and lots of beers...good times...

I agree with motoxxx, if you havn't got the $$$ to put into a crf50 then your wasting your time, and you could have bought a china model with the lot. To give you a rough idea.
I bought my crf50 2007 from the honda dealer brand new, put protaper bar kit, and have just pruchased a 88cc kit and yoshi exhaust, and ishock. I am up over $3000.00 and don't really want to find out exactly how much i have spent. But i believe you pay for what you get, andi have never had any trouble and performance is great.

yeah thats pretty much it my last bike was an 04 crf50 and i spent about $6000 plus buying it and still could of spent about another $2000 to $3000 on it now i have an 09 model crf50 just keeping it relatively stock i got on it
:sano bar kit with billet throttle $350
:tall seat $120
:fox float shock $450
:red baron +1 fork leg kit and hd springs $300
:billet gas cap $60
:uni filter $30
:sano heavy duty foot pegs $85
:fast50s extended gear leaver $45
thats all i got on it for now but thats what $1490 say $1500 of mods so all up including buying my bike i have spent $2800 i only payed $1300 for my 09 crf50 i got a sweet deal

Last edited:
ey guys how wld a crf50 with a 88 big bore kit compare to say like an atomik 125 or sum of those other cheap chinese bikes in the way of power ???

On the cheap
- Postie bar mounts from the wreckers: $20
- Cheapo chrommolly generic bmx bars of ebay: $30
- Cheapo chino plastic throttle tube on here , just look for a second hand throttle. You just need the tube: $5 , I can get you one if you like that way you dont need a new brake lever
- Kitaco extended throttle cable from oz50 : $20
- Dont need a killswitch just use the key
-Minibike stiff springs from oz50 : $50
- Fastace shock from mso : $60
- Stick the stock grips back on
- Do the free mods

Can easily do it for those prices.

Latest posts

Back