Upgrades

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kool_

Reaction score
ok l have a atomik avenger l like it it goes great l was just wondering wat upgrades should l get l have already bought a new air filter so if any one knows some more l could get

in the long run ull need the following to stay riding and just have a reliable bike

#1 is a new chain as the standards like to stretch off there faces and in the end will ether snap and demolish ur magneto cover and contents and they are just plain annoying to adjust every 5 secoonds
#2 is a good set of handle bars as when u eventually drop ya little beast these will ether bend or snap
Plus they can also add a bit of height and comfort aswell
#3good tyres are a must as the ching wong dond mofos are made so the bike can roll out of the factory and thats about all there good for other than using as a flotation device for the kiddys :)

these main things will get u into the relm of the reliable but theres allways room for power upgrades and bling

hope this helped u out bro
also use the search function as theres an abundance of info on this site

cheers
dave

yer the one l puchased come with a kmc chain so that is pretty good and l am definetly gonna get some pro taper bars and also the bike come with knobby tires but l will get new ones of them 2 just to be safe so when these where off l will just chuck the new ones on

wat things can l get to incease the speed

thanx

get a RK or DID chain kmc are a really bad chain.

For me the first basic mods to get would be the replacment of cheap parts that will break when you're riding, resulting in you sitting out for the day.

Rim locks, strong strap for the muffler, better oil cooler mount (if you have an oil cooler), modified levers (drill a hole or saw a bit through them about half way through so if you crash and they break it'll only break half the lever off so you can still use it) or stronger levers, loctite everything and maybe some spare cables.

Then for the real mods I'd get some tapers, graphics kit (not a must), quater turn throttle, suspension upgrade, racing CDI, uni filter, etc, read my mod list in my sig.

If you dont want/cant afford all that then just get some tapers and get some rim locks put in when you get your tyres changed.

oh lol l didnt kno that see lol l went to the bike shop and they said that kmc chains are very good lol anyways l will try get one of those

lol Kmc are just another chinese chain
as stated above regina,rk,rethal...these are goiod chains

ive snapped a kmc on a stock 140cc and it was maintained well

and also why would u need a set of rim lock sas a 125cc stocker isnt going to be doing anything to warrent rim locks :)

lol Kmc are just another chinese chain
as stated above regina,rk,rethal...these are goiod chains

ive snapped a kmc on a stock 140cc and it was maintained well

and also why would u need a set of rim lock sas a 125cc stocker isnt going to be doing anything to warrent rim locks :)

I got a flat tyre nearly every week when I didnt have rim locks, they're a must have!

kmc chains are probably the best thing to come out of china, ive had one on my bike now for at least 6 months never lubed it run it in the mud and its held up great they do stretch a little because they dont have o rings but apart from that i have been very impressed by them,
i would go and get rim locks asap too. best thing you can do to make your bike more reliable

They stop the tube and tyre spinning on the rim which results in the valve getting ripped out of the tube.

yer l will get a rim lock do u have rim locks on both front and back or just the back

Got them on both, got a flat front aswell so I got one on the front.

I dunno what's wrong with Flarrys setup but you shouldn't need them.

I've never really herd of anyone having trouble like him.

hey guys,
i just got a pitpro 140xr and wanna do as much possible for not verry much $$$.
im thinking of getting a H-bomb exhaust, n maybe polising the intake manifold or whatever it is you do with it but not sure wether i should take the risk of fucking my motor., what else should i do to make performance, sound, and looks better? and also does any1 know any good shops to buy all gear i need in vic preferibly around melbourne, ballerat thoes kind of areas?

thanx for any ideas

exactly
it sounds like u dont put enough air in ya tyre(tube)thus causing u to get flats

a rim lock is for a bike with heaps of power and this alone causes the rear wheel to sepparate the tube and tyre

dont polish it what ever you do just take out the bigger lumps and leave the rest rough as it helps mix the fuel and air together.

Dont you ever lock up the wheels or do burnouts or even ride?? I was going to say, instead of a rim lock you could keep the PSI up in the tyre, and it will go down and you'll get a flat, or you could spent 15 bucks on a rim lock and not worry about it.

Its mainly when you brake that spins the tyre around, not really when you accelerate.

Latest posts

Back