Upgrades

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I lock up my wheels all the time and never once had a problem although i must admit that i once was riding on the road out the front of my house and had to turn sharp to avoid something and the tyre rolled on the rim and pinched the tube but it didn't tear out the valve and i doubt rim locks would have even fixed that but that's the only prob i've ever had.

If you ride hard on rough bumpy dirt tracks and brake hard into corners etc .......you can DEFINITELY get flats from spun tyres ........ brakes put way more rotating force on the tyres than any engine ever could ......

Just take a look at CRF150R's etc .......they have rim locks front and rear ....... even 1973 XR75's had rim locks stock ......

For the best traction off road , you need to run lower tyre pressures ..... which also acts as a first line suspension to stop rims from buckling and spokes from getting pounded loose all the time .

Just think about what 4 wheel drivers do to get traction on sand and you're halfway there ...... lower tyre pressures equal a flatter , longer and wider tyre contact area with lowered PSI to maintain grip and stop the vehicle from sinking in mud and sand . Even trials riders run lower tyre pressures to get max grip to climb steep rocks etc :)

maybe a new mufler. i donno. and new handle bars.

m0p

have a look on any decent mini parts seller that actually sells rim locks and ull find that they reccomend for bikes with big horse power not people who ride dirt bikes on roads and like to lock it up and do burnouts

logicaly ull stuff something up on ya bike if u consistently use offroad tyres on road :)

used to have problems with flats so last changeover i taped the rims with cut down gaffer tape to fit, this covers the spoke ends and havent had any issues since......

I think the rims are meant to come with some sort of spoke protection skin but if it didn't that's a good idea too.

Latest posts

Back