USD forks onto a twin tube cradle frame CRF50 style...

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brettoh!!!

Reaction score
hey there, im a new member so i may of overlooked a "help"section so i thought id post here and see what happens!

I got a twin tube cradle frame crf50 style off of a mate and started doing my build and came to fitting the triple tree's..i didnt measure the downtube/steering column and its obviously bigger by about an ince.

therefore my stem bolt it to short and yeah...im stumped! ive tried looking at a few modifications to the bottom clamp and so on, but i wasnt really to keen on that. would nebody know if i can buy a steering column bolt thats is longer than the one i have?? the one i have is around 8inch like this one Steering Column Stem pitbike XR50 70 CRF50 SDG 8.5 SS01 and im thinking if its possible going down and grabbing a 10inch.....

any help/suggestions/ideass would be VERY VERY appreciated as its shat me off pretty hardcore considering thats the only thing stopping me from going for a fang
cheers,
brettoh!!!

what bearing type is the frame.. tapered bearing or ball race??

may have what you need at work

Tapered mate, got it all sorted now :D :D went don't to evolution/yamoto down at moss st and picked up a bearing set and a 10" column/stem bolt and a few other bits and pieces.

The guys down there are fu**en excellent hey, always have what you need and then some. Really good group of dudes working there!

You will defo be seeing me pop up again in here some time soon haha

hey there, im a new member so i may of overlooked a "help"section so i thought id post here and see what happens!

I got a twin tube cradle frame crf50 style off of a mate and started doing my build and came to fitting the triple tree's..i didnt measure the downtube/steering column and its obviously bigger by about an ince.

therefore my stem bolt it to short and yeah...im stumped! ive tried looking at a few modifications to the bottom clamp and so on, but i wasnt really to keen on that. would nebody know if i can buy a steering column bolt thats is longer than the one i have?? the one i have is around 8inch like this one Steering Column Stem pitbike XR50 70 CRF50 SDG 8.5 SS01 and im thinking if its possible going down and grabbing a 10inch.....

any help/suggestions/ideass would be VERY VERY appreciated as its shat me off pretty hardcore considering thats the only thing stopping me from going for a fang
cheers,
brettoh!!!

I go with bbr or like Sano type frames so that eveything is easy to buy/build on my project bikes

Latest posts

Back