very upset

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

predatortroylee69

Reaction score
I m upset with my 09 lxr 155z for a couple reasons...it keeps bogging around half throttle which i think is the needle. and what is the stock setting for the air screw?? also there is a bird "chirping" noise coming from the engine that developed recently. any advice before i get out of minis? ...thanks

have you pulled the carby down, cleaned all the ports/gallerys with carby/throttle body cleaner, then blown it all out with compressed air?

can you post up a video of the bike running, and of the chirping noise?
does it come from the left side of the motor, around the stator?
it may have a loose flywheel or pickup ?

Do you drain the Carby after riding?

The chirping noise maybe under tensioned head bolts, but may need a vid mate, it's no reason to give up because of this, these things are minor.

If the carb is brand new than the problem would most likely be the wrong jets and/or needle setup.

What was wrong with the old carby?

You must drain it as the fuel is made up of so many chemicals and once it starts evaporating it leaves s funny residue that then starts to block everything up, unfortunately fuel goes off so quick in a carb due to being affected by the atmosphere thru an air filter where as it lasts longer in a fuel tank as it is sealed. Once you start your bike it will run but the fuel had lost some of it properties and will big down thru the rev range, id be pulling it down and cleaning but will still appear clean when you strip it.

got the jetting straightened out..but the bird chirping is still coming out it sounds like its from the carb... any ideas?

got the jetting straightened out..but the bird chirping is still coming out it sounds like its from the carb... any ideas?

the best way to tell us what the problem is is to make a video so we can hear it..

nothing to be upset about every bike has a carby problem from time to time

Are you sure the noise is not a leaking head gasket.

yep its your manifold gaskets check em and put new ones in or make sure everything is tight i worked on my bike and didnt do up carby manifold tight and thats the noise it made

nah, id give up if i were you.

if a slight bog and a minor chirp is all it takes to get the hissy's over, by all means, give up, get out of minis, and go watch telly like a good little boy :)

get back to me after youve pushed your bike 15 km cus the masterlink broke and you left your phone at home as usual...

:D

chirps will usually be the head gasket.

if it still chirps but you have rejetted/tuned so it isnt bogging or idling high or anything similar, then it cant be the manifold gasket that is leaking. meaning it can only be the head gasket.

could be water in the oil? :p

Latest posts

Back