VM26 Fakuni on a Zongshen 140cc

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tig5

Reaction score
Hey guys, got the Zonger 140 into my ct110 and trying to get the carb dialled in properly.

I bought this:

Mikuni High Performance VM22 PZ26 26mm Carburetor Carb For Motorcycle Dirt Pit Bike ATV QUAD 110cc 125cc140cc Motocross-in Carburetor from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

I'm using the manifold that came with the engine and an adapter plate to swivel the carb and clear the frame.

The carb came with a 15 pilot and a 95 main, air screw is 1.5 turns out.

Bike dies completely after about half throttle. Idle and up to about half throttle is fine. Bike dies when choke is activated.

I heard a rumour I'm likely to need larger mains for this setup, can anyone suggest what size I should use as a starting point? I haven't had a chance to play with the needle yet or the air screw.

Thoughts appreciated, cheers.

I got one of them carbs on a Lifan 140 Im not sure what I got the fuel screw at, think it's at 2.5 or 3 turns out. And the needle clip is on the bottom clip, seems to run pretty good, starts first kick when cold and dosent hesitate when I punch the throttle at low rpm.
I'm sure Ur Goin to need to turn that fuel screw out more then 1.5.
Oh and I got a 20 pilot aswell.
One thing I found with my 125 when tuneing it in with the same carb when I restricted the air flow by putting a cut in half plastic water bottle cover over the air filter it ran sweet. That 125 had a main 95 pilot 15, and the fuel screw was a bit past 1.5 turns out.. around 2 turns out

Sent from my HTC_M8x using Tapatalk

Cool, thats good info thanks.

I'll set mine up like yours and give it a whirl. With those settings on your 140 it sounds like you could do with an upjet too, no?

That screw you mentioned, is it fuel or air or mix? With the bottom of the carb off I have main at the bottom, next one in the middle is the pilot and then the screw is above that. Still getting my head around the new carb.

Cheers

Definately go with a #20 pilot jet on the 140.
You wont know what main you'll need till you can do a plug chop.
Mixture screw (under front of carby)should be between 1.5 and 2 turn's out.
Anything higher or lower than this mean's it need's a different pilot jet.
And get yourself a decent foam air filter like a Uni Filter, and some filter oil for it
The filter oil will help's prolong engine life by trapping dust/dirt etc before it goes through your engine, it also restrict's the air flow a little and richen's the mixture
Running a dry air filter will make the engine run too lean and eventually damage the valve's and maybe more?

Might pay to get a couple of bigger main jet's too when you buy the pilot
DHZ sell's a' kit' of 4 jet's pretty cheap, #5 here- OKO Carburetor Slow & Main Jets Kit - OKO - Buy Online Australia at DHZ

Oh, do your self a favour and make up one of these screwdriver bit's in a bit of plastic hose, they make the mixture adjustment's a lot easier

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back