Vortex clip ons install pics

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shawn5236

Reaction score
I am racing my pit bike in a club called Mini GP and most of the racers ride Japanese 65 or 85 cc machines (kawasaki, ktm, yamaha) and there are a few Honda NSR 50's. Most everyone uses clip on bars so I went on ebay and found a used set of Vortex.

Here they are installed.

The process for install was pretty easy and took me about 1.5 hours moving slowly enjoying the peace of my garage on a nice summer evening.

Take off old bars and the perches along with the controls (clutch, throttle, brake, kill switch).

Remove the big nut on the top of the triple trees (breaker bar and a big socket).
Losen the pinch bolts on the triple tree, then I took a rubber mallet and just gave the triple tree a few good hits in an upward direction from both sides to get it off.

Slip on the Vortex clips and put it all back together and install controls and new grips.
They cost me $45 on ebay but I think they are like $160 new and seem to be high quality billet units.

The steering lock is now much tighter but other than that they seem really awesome to me. I will test soon.

Now if I could figure out a rear set foot peg setup... anyone know of a solution?

Screen Shot 2015-06-24 at 8.33.39 AM.png
pirahna clipons.jpg

Latest posts

Back