vz one tonner lowering? any one with knowledge please help

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

$heepy

Reaction score
alright so here is the dilema. i have a vz v6 one tonner.

i have been to auto barn, and been asking on commodore forums with still no help at all.

after being to auto barn getting lowering blocks, coming home with them telling me they are a universal fit, go to open them up and realise there is ford written on the front and there is no way the locators will fit.

take them back and return for 'holden' sized ones, jacking the car up getting the axle off the springs attempting to fit and finding the locators on the blocks are too small to fit.

i would like to know what sized locators i will need? seeming as i have lost my veneers and can only get a rough measurement with a tape measure of 15-16mm. any one with any knowledge on this can ya please help me out haha.

also for return and refund, will i be in the wrong for opening the blister pack packaging and realising they wont fit? i (did it as neatly as possible with a knife.) or is it them for supplying the wrong product i have asked for?

rather than get lowering blocks mate i'd look into getting ya leaf spring packs reset,this is what all the minitrucking boys do and im goin to doing it with my hilux when i can be bothered,most places like pedders,bob jane tmart,etc will be able to do it for about 150-250$ for both packs.

Also be aware of the tyre clearance to the tray. Without tubs/mini tubs you wont get it down to far without rubbing.

dont worry boys, ive done the measuring to the dray and how far i can go with the drive shaft etc, its only going down two inches, just to make it so i can get my bike on the back by my self with out a ramp, just need to know the locator size

If the locators on the diff are larger than in the blocks, just drill out the blocks untill they fit.

you see there is a female and a male locator, the female side i could drill out, but the male side i dont really have anyway of adding more material to it. thats why i need the measurements. i wish it would be as simple as first planned haha

Lowering blocks are garbage ive seen some disasters.... ive got the leafys in my F6 ute reset much better. Anywhere that makes truck springs can help you out.

Heres mine reset leafys...

P1030477.jpg

P1030475.jpg

Just get them reset or do it your self its not hard, just have to swap a few leafs arouncd and clamp her back togrther and it straighten the pack out, ill get some pics of the lux we did the other day

Latest posts

Back