WA Monkey Bike Ride 25th September

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eichkay

Reaction score
Coming up ever so quickly , its only a few weeks away now... If you have a road going Minibike, Monkey or Dax come along for a fun day out with fellow fanatic's

When:
25th September 2011 at 1pm

Where:
Barracks St Jetty

The plan
meet up around 12:30-13:00
General gas bag and chit chat/drooling over the bikes at start point
kick off about 13:30
zig zag route toward Freo dirrection 50-60km zones mostly
this is a round trip so will be coming back into the perth area

This meeting was originally setup on Monkey Garge and hope we still have the 10+ riders still in the loop, I don't remeber all the details but Im sure we will figure it out.

There will be:
mad_as_hec - Z50A
the missus - Tonelli 125
Jeff? - CT70
GTRtorana Dave - CT70
Gaz - Z50J
Monkeybusiness - 40th
Dan Seketa - Z50J

I know there are others who said that they were coming, but can't remember off the top of my head. At last count it was going to be about 15 bikes and riders.

Give us a shout when you're heading through Freo! Just up the road from my house, and I'd like to see a few of these in person haha.

if i get my L's in time, does anyone want to be my spotter? haha

I think my old man might come along he's had his open long enough to be your spotter , go get your L's anyways you need them..

going rate is $73 for the test booking and about $15 for the written from memory

do i have to wait 6 months after my l's or you reckon they will let me do the test?

do i have to wait 6 months after my l's or you reckon they will let me do the test?

you'll have to wait about 2 weeks to book a test time.. Its not like your a first timer on the road.

I can give you the run down on what they test you on so you know what to expect.

im a touch worried, the ct is licensed no probs but, i cant get her over 50kmh flat out i dont want to end up being a speed bump before the rides over. what to do what to do.

im a touch worried, the ct is licensed no probs but, i cant get her over 50kmh flat out i dont want to end up being a speed bump before the rides over. what to do what to do.

Maybe check your points, otherwise maybe gearing up a smidge.. either way its a cruise and not a race even tho my ct can clock 100 im more than happy to cruise along at 50 in a pack..

I do believe there are a few slow stockers in the group aswell.

Maybe check your points, otherwise maybe gearing up a smidge.. either way its a cruise and not a race even tho my ct can clock 100 im more than happy to cruise along at 50 in a pack..

I do believe there are a few slow stockers in the group aswell.

yeah im not interested in racing, just keeping up with traffic, frustrates me as adriver behind a moped

does any one have a problem with me tagging along on the Suzuki A80? its 2 stroke but the motor is still horizontal haha

Its a old bike most likely built to compete with the hondas back in the day, I don't see a problem at all come along for the run..

does any one have a problem with me tagging along on the Suzuki A80? its 2 stroke but the motor is still horizontal haha

Hey Hillz, this ride is open to any road regoed mini. It was originally organized on MG, but has always been stated as being for any roadgoing mini, even Geminis, Kwaka MTs, Yamnotos (if one turns up, will it manage to finish?) etc. I just hope that you stay towards the back of the pack so that everyone can see past the 2 stroke smokescreen ;)

I just checked the forecast for Sunday, yesterday it was Few Showers, today it says Few Showers Developing. Hopefully by the weekend it will say Mostly Sunny. My Z50AK2 has never seen a cloudy sky since its resto 6 years ago.

I just checked the forecast for Sunday, yesterday it was Few Showers, today it says Few Showers Developing. Hopefully by the weekend it will say Mostly Sunny. My Z50AK2 has never seen a cloudy sky since its resto 6 years ago.

Fingers crossed they are developing after dark in the early hours of monday morning..

stopping somewhere after the ride for a coldie? XxxX

where is the ride going? are we going to do the weir road?

Going the other direction.. little creatures in Freo I believe and then back to the lucky shag at the starting point in perth at the jetty.

Hector has the route worked out Im not sure where it goes Im just keen to ride a bunch of these little bikes on the road..

I'm thinking of coming if you'll let a Chiney new/old school retro styled scooter come along??

It started life as a 50cc (60km/h) but now has 90cc (100km/h) two stroke engeeowney in her, expansion chamber and all. As stated by someone else, I'm happy to just come for a slow cruise... Sounds way cool!!!

Latest posts

Back