WANTED - Helmet Camera

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreamah

Reaction score
Ayy Guys..

Been Looking around, And Checking out some Sik Vids and I want a helmet camera, I was thinking of hooking up my Sony Mini Disc Cam To a mount so I can just change it from bike to bike..

But Really dont want to smash it.. So I stared looking at some El cheapo ones on ebay (tony hawk Cam And Some other Chinese ones)

They look alright But im thinking I should just fork out and maybe by a Good one..
Check out these Links And tell us what Ya Reckon..

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/3-1-MP-MINI-...096524431QQcategoryZ39834QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://search.ebay.com.au/helmet-ca...1QQga10244Z10425QQsacatZQ2d1QQssPageNameZWLRS

Or Something like this, But I would have to take a TV Down every race meet, and Cant put it on Computer to Edit and shit..
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/WIRELESS-2-4...090958702QQcategoryZ20589QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Cheers Dreamah ;)

my friend bought 1 like th bottom 1 n it was awsome.... we had the reciever to this lil tv n the camera on my nitro monster truck goin round my street.... best of all he got it 4 $20

i also have the last link camera... good value.. just take a VCR or a video recorder with AV in inputs.. press record and your away, you can edit it later!! Well worth the $20! was doing the same thing as 59's bro hood, with the Rc's.. if anything the range isnt the best, so if you can put the vid camera into a back pack n ride with it that would be sweet.. Try some of the MTB sites for helmet cams to.. retail for a genuine is around the 250-350 mark..

Alternatively you can get a digital camera and stuff it your helmet. Depending on your helmet though this can block your view or not fit well. I have a Kodak V570 and it works pretty well with my helmet and I know of many others using this technique and camera.

You could give Launch Helmet Cams ago http://www.launchhelmetcams.com/
I have one and its performed perfectly.
I have it connected to a Sony handycam mini DV and this allows me to use
a LANC remote so I never have to access the handycam to pause or record,
the remote even turns the handycam on and off, all of these functions are a one button opperation.
The bullet camera is housed in an unbreakable billet alluminium mount, a must have if you plan to crash on it.
I keep the handycam in a Pelican case for protection, and this has saved it through many crashes.

Here's a photo off the LANC remote:
LANCRemote.jpg

Here's a photo of the camera mount:
Nukeproofcameramount.jpg

Heres a photo of the Pelican case:
Pelicancase.jpg

yes lanch is the 1 of the best cams available, good quail & great video, but i did'nt bothere putting it up knowing that these guys were talking cheapys

Your right hillz I was thinking the same thing.
I put it up there because alot of people make the mistake
of buying something purely on price and end up regreting it later.
As they say the poor man ends up paying twice.
A few of my friends have bought the cheaper versions and only after a couple of rides they want to upgrade to to a better quality unit.

Also make sure if buying off ebay, that the bullet camera is is in PAL format and NOT NTSC. Video cameras in australia run on PAL.

An NTSC camera can be recorded by an MP4 recorder but the quality will be much poorer.

Last edited:
how much are we talking for a Cam like this, also It will probably never see Dirt, Mainly for My road racing and Probs new Motard

There is a guy in VPBA who's also raced MMMCI in the motard class who has one. Had it the last dandenong ride day. I don't know his name, Danny might know. He's a darker skinned guy. had a few mates with him and rides motards.

Might ask Danny to get him to Post Some of his vids would be good to watch..

Cheers, for that hillz, I will probs get that one when i recover from spending all this money in the last week on my motard ;)

Hey Guys

Check this site out, I hope it helps we bought our BlackEye Helmet Camera from here. It beats using Bullet Cameras thats for sure.
:: HypeLink ::

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back