Wanted, stock parts and workshop manual

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gasser300

Reaction score
hey all,
looking for a manual for the 02 XR50 (allthough I guess they are all the same)
also any stock parts people don't want after doing them up, maybe a std. cylinder (so I can get a slight overbore) I don't know how much compression they are supposed to have but my son tells me it doesn't go like it used to :)

I'll have a look around my garage for some stock stuff sarvo.

G'day mate ,

Before you go pulling down the top end try checking the valve clearences with a 0.04 feeler gauge.

You'll be loosing compression and power through your clearences clossing up if the bike has been run hot or not checked for a few years. The clearence should be 0.04 on both the intake and exhaust valve , if not adjust them to that spec. If you need help with it , theres a video tutorial in the sticky at the top of this section I did.

If that fails , pull your head off and inspect the piston and rings for wear.

cool thanks, sounds like a night with a few bourbens is coming up :)
will oil come out doing that (I imagine not much if any)

Last edited:
cool thanks, sounds like a night with a few bourbens is coming up :)
will oil come out doing that (I imagine not much if any)

Haha , its a preety basic job. If everythings right it shouldnt take more than 10 minutes , if you need to adjust them around 20 minutes if your familiar.

A little bit of oil will come out of the bottom tappet when the cover is taken of as the motor has been run and oil has circulated through the head. Just put an old ra underneath it to soak it up. Then check your oil levels before you start her up and go riding.

I used to do my valves on my race head every 3 or so rides depending on how I rode and for how long. These engines can run preety hot when riden hard for a few hours. Mine eventually started to smoke up so I thought new rings turned out the valves where hammered as with the piston being cooked and the bore being preety sour. And this is why we ride 2 strokes.

cool, it doesn't get ridden hard, but my son will ride untill it runs out of fuel if I let him :) , it does sit at idle a bit without much air movement when he is at bike club (my road bike is water & oil cooled and gets up over 104deg. at a long set of lights :eek: )but I guess we are talking about a little more horsepower ;) and it is a twin so they run hot)
speaking of 2ST's your bigger bike regoed? we should go for a ride at the wattagans one day maybe
Cheers

Hey mate, Yeah i sold that high seat. After looking around i noticed i dont have much stock stuff anymore haha. Sorry mate.

cool, it doesn't get ridden hard, but my son will ride untill it runs out of fuel if I let him :) , it does sit at idle a bit without much air movement when he is at bike club (my road bike is water & oil cooled and gets up over 104deg. at a long set of lights :eek: )but I guess we are talking about a little more horsepower ;) and it is a twin so they run hot)
speaking of 2ST's your bigger bike regoed? we should go for a ride at the wattagans one day maybe
Cheers

Yeh fully rego'd and licenced. Yeh mate keen for a ride , Have you ever been up to Frying pan out the back of Dungog? Awsome riding spot , the gnarlies hills around. I learnt the hardway with my gearing haha.

Latest posts

Back