what are some common problems with pit bikes??????

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gorrilla

Reaction score
what are some common problems with pit bikes???

i am buying a pit bike in the next thew months, so i wont to know what should and shouldnt go wrong.

and if you could tell me how to fix the problem and how much roughly.

well i know that usually the chain falls off all the time. everybody says there shit. so they replace them with better quality ones which would probably cost 40 to 60 bucks roughly. um some bikes have shit suspension and bottom out all the time. like they say you get what u pay for but most pitties now are decent and getting better

youl need to tune and rejet the standard carby pretty much after run in when it starts to get ridden harder normaly a flat spot will accure or just get the oko 26mm cabie and your pretty much set straight away you will also need a uni filter and oil it after every ride and wash it after every ride...

you will need a new chain after about a month as the stretch and so on...
keep your chain/new chain oil as required...

run 98 octane fuel...

retune front forks with new oil and spacers if needed,pump up rear suspension if needed...

the stock tires will last about a motnh at the most then get some good kenda,michilin,dunlop etc etc tires...

clean up the inlet and exhaust minifold for better breathing and clener exhaust flow...

that should keep your bike sweet for a while if you keep it maintained

The engins fail, the shocks pack it in, the frames snap, the wheels bend, the bars bend. Bolts fall out. That just about covers it.

-get it jetted correctly
-Get a japanese chain before its first real ride
-Fresh oil in it as the shit that comes in it is only for transport
-Loctite the bolts
-Get protapers for it other wise the stock bars will bend and brake 5km from home
-Decent soft grips the china grips are full waffel and way too hard
-Decent wheel bearings
-Decent nylon chain slider

how do you jet a bike?
how hard is it to do wheel bearings? should i pay a shop or do it myself?

dont worry about the wheel bearings i dont tihnk one person on this site has said theres have exploded or otherwise just keep untill the do or if they do then put new ones in out get new wheels

You use the search function and look up "jets" and "wheel bearings". It is simple to do if you do your research. A lot of real clever members have answered these questions many times and some of them dont post a lot anymore. The search function make use of these guys and if you need a bit more info bump the old thread with a new question.

dont worry about the wheel bearings i dont tihnk one person on this site has said theres have exploded or otherwise just keep untill the do or if they do then put new ones in out get new wheels

Thrashthumpy had wheel bearings go in a big way.

yeh the main problems i have had are
back brake pedel bending
chain falling off
bottoming out

mine did lol, just when I landed a jump too!

:)

MINE exploded 1hours into bush land and i have to push a fully **** back wheel out of the bush!:mad:

Latest posts

Back