what big bike?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

what big bike?

• yamaha wr250f

Votes: 22 33.8%
  • honda crf250x

Votes: 26 40.0%
  • other

Votes: 17 26.2%

• Total voters
Would definately go the wr250f but i would go 450f hahaha just because i like speed.

Yes have heard the same thing about the valves on the hondas which do worry me, I ride yamaha but the wrest of my bikes are honda, i like blue blue likes me and blue seems to be trouble free also for me.

Yamaha all the way.

I will go for the yamaha wr250f. I love this big bike. The design and control is so awesome.

hey guys thanks for all the answers.
also what do you guys reckon about a honda xr400 my brother is thinking of buying one would it be faster and better than a wr250f?
(and can any one tell me the top speed of a wr250f, crf250x and the xr400 im just curiouse to know)
cheers.

Last edited:
Ktm Ktm Ktm

Come on guys the KTM is an amazing bike and they got it all over any Jap bikes.
But dont get me wrong the CRF is a nice bike though

the two big bikes that i have ridden are the RM-250 07 model and dam that thing had balls, she was all go or nothing :) thats an experience everyone should try, get it in the rev range and bam your off and un-doutably on the back wheel all the way through the gears
the only thing that i didnt really like about it was the simple fact the i was used to 2banger :) so cornering and being down the bottom end still had pull but i dint like it that much...

the 2nd bike the KXF-250 on the other hand was a completely different story, that thing being and 08 model dam it had some punch.. being used to a 4banger that thing was some much easier to ride on the dirt and there was always that element of usable power there, where ever you were in the revs you could twist it on and it would pull like buggery!

buying a big bike to ride off road whilst still road reg. doesn't really appeal to me, id rather have a road bike or a dirt bike... thats just me and everyones different and thats just case they road bikes and dirt bikes each have there advantages so one day id like to be owning both :) good luck with the buying man, probably didn't help but thats my experience and opinion for ya :)

i her that husqvarna are bringing out or have brought out a fuel injected 450 which would be mad but does anyone know if 450 are lerner legal in nsw cas i would love that bike
or the wr450f

darb110 i get what your saying and yeah it would be nice to have both a dirt and a road bike but i would just get my L's/P's on the dirtbike and then ounce im fully lisenced i would probably get a road bike it would save buying a road bike 250 and then selling it later on and buying like a 750 or something and then later on down the track i will have both a dirtbike and a roadbike.
also is the learner legel limit in vic no bigger than 250cc i think it is but someone was saying they where going to raise the limit higher i hope they do cos then i would get a wr450f that would be sweeeet:D

they put stainless steel valves instead of the titanium ones

loose a bit of ooomph but last way longer

my first reg bike waqs an xr250 and she smoked

but the wr would be a good way to go

or even a drz or somthin

nar munkey_boy unless u mean klx250 (you cant register a kx250)
but im possibly thinking of maybe gatting a 4 stroke race bike cos my dad is thinking of getting a dirtbike now and he will prob get a registered one so i could get my L's/P's on that, + for example a yz250f is cheaper than a wr250f most of the time mmmm:confused:
ill just have to see what happens but i think id prefer a 4 stroke any ways.

Yz250f is nice but for trail riding is not the best also a wr250f will beat it in the long run.

I had gone riding with a few boys with big bikes, one bloke had a crf450x was a 06 ot 07 model and the other bloke had a crf450r now both big machines but the crf450x had beaten him on the strait.

The race bike has lots of low end power is what the guy was saying and it feels as if u just have to keep on changing gears to try to go faster but theres no gears left.

Would by all means go a trail bike and i for sure would go the WR, simple because i rather not be riding a crf450x with no valves left.

Have a look at an 05 or later KTM 525exc and see what you think! I was looking for a YZF/ WRF 250 or similar to ride on & off road. I ended up with a KTM! The 525 exc is learner legal in NSW. Electric and kickstart, Digital speedo, Plenty of Balls, 6 speed and quality built! I've had it for about 2 months and still can't get the grin off my face! At 113kg dry weight and about 50hp (from memory) these things are a weapon in the bush! Price seems to vary from around $5500 for a flogged out and uncared for machine through to about $8000 for a schmick, well cared for ride! (05 model) Good Luck!!

EDIT: Sorry, didn't realise vic roads were so restricted! 525 aint legal in vic! They dont give you much of a choice do they!

Attachments

• ktm 525exc 2005.JPG
    ktm 525exc 2005.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 9
  • July 2008 lottie & Hopper 005.JPG
    July 2008 lottie & Hopper 005.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back