what carb is best

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

honda1

Reaction score
hay guys i have a 160ho and have recently brought these up grades.
v2 head
s35 cam
hi comp piston
t4 exhaust
what i would like to know is between the oko26 carb and the vm26 (606) which one will run the best with this set up.cheers

hay guys i have a 160ho and have recently brought these up grades.
v2 head
s35 cam
hi comp piston
t4 exhaust
what i would like to know is between the oko26 carb and the vm26 (606) which one will run the best with this set up.cheers

i run the same engine capacity and v2 head with high comp piston as you mate, i run the oko26mm and have a 98 main jet, 34 idle jet and the needle clip in the middle, but it took some time and effort to get the oko near perfect and will always be chasing perfection, it is about 97% and will leave it there. Have heard that the pwk28 like lets ride said is a good well suited carb also.

keihin pe 28mm will give you nice smooth power delivery.
Pwk 28mm is power from the minute you crack it open.
Both Carbies are easy to tune and good quality. I use the Pwk because i like the more aggressive power delivery.

cheers for advise guys.i ride mostly trail so i will either go with the pe28 or oko which ever is the cheapest.does the mukuni vm26 from tbolt not big enough to run this setup

mate im running oko26mm on my 184 does go well but i think the pwk 28 will be alote better i find to make my oko run on my bike it runs rich

If you want raw aggressive power go with a flat slide of either a Genuine PWK28 or an OKO28, for top of the line run a Mikuni TM28, this will allow you to make the most power.
If your trail riding I'd be sticking to a round slide and of a small diameter even down to 24mm, will give you a nice throttle around the mid point where you will spend most of your time, no real surprises and will save you a gut load of fuel allowing you to ride for longer, as let face it, trail riding you spend minimal time at WOT and if you are at WOT you will kill your bike and you'd be better off on a 2 or 450.
Also consider swapping the s35 for an s25, much more suited to mid range rev and throttle riding, the s35 is more suited to power delivery above 8000rpm on a 160.

I ran a 22mm mikuni on my x4r with a yx 150 and it ran great in the trail's,lot's of bottom to mid,but petered out on top,put on a oko 26,i lost some bottom but gained on top,we have a tough freeride(dh) trail close to my place and with the 22 i can get to the top alot easier then i can with the 26,but we have some sand hill climb's here too and with the 22 i have no chance and with the 26 i have some chance(made it a couple of time's).

Sounds like a oko24 may have suited your bike better, especially for the tracks and stuff you ride, but people may think that a 24 is to small but lets not forget everyone has different riding style, different suited tracks and altitude and humidity, there is a lot of things to consider than just whacking bulk fuel in its guts.

Sounds like a oko24 may have suited your bike better, especially for the tracks and stuff you ride, but people may think that a 24 is to small but lets not forget everyone has different riding style, different suited tracks and altitude and humidity, there is a lot of things to consider than just whacking bulk fuel in its guts.

So true Mick, this is the reason why i run a VM24 on the boys yx150 race bike our local track is low to mid in the rev range. Some other guys are running VM22's on their yx150's. I have tryed his bike with a OKO26 but it would just start to come on song and he would have to back off for a corner or jump.

well i brought a oko26 tried it on the standard engine,ran good but quite snappy.also tried vm26 from tb and runs very smooth,i liked it better.bike is in the shop at the moment getting v2 on.will try both carbs out when i get it back.becoming expensive toy,very few parts here in nz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back