What Chain For 138cc Pitpro???

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KTMKID

Reaction score
Hey all, um i want to replace the chain on my pitpro for a better quality produc. Which one do you guys recommend, how much is it and where can i get it from, also if you could lease inform me on the size of the chain.

cheers

you can go for a D.I.D chain, there good high quality or you could go for the nk gold chain (im pretty sure thats what their called but im sure someone will correct me if im wrong) both these chains are the way to go, only thing i advise is on your rear sproket check to find out if the chain is a 420 chain or a 428 chain.. this has to do with linkage spacings in the chain and how it will sit on the teeth. if you have this right you cant go wrong.

also make sure you get some good quality chain lubricant to keep it all nice, it will stretch a little for the first few rides and need some minor adjusting but thats all, once its finished stretching it will last a lifetime unless there is some form of user error with tension. if you got any more questions dont hesitate to ask.

Cheers, Tony.

go a rk chain ,slc chain ,ek chain or a d.i.d chain there all factory pre stretched and are worthy chains they retail for around $49 or $39 for the slc chain there australian designed and i think made they also come in colours like orange ,blue ,red ,gold i got one of they on my yz85 in orange and it looks smick.

mate while your at it get a 39tooth sprocket if you dont have one already, fitted one today and the bike runs totally different. its quicker off the bottom and pulls so much stronger through the range i couldnt belive the difference over the 37tooth sprocket that came on the bike best $15 ive ever spent.

Thanks for that guys, just one question, any of u live in melb, please tell me where ya get ur parts from.online??? shops??? wateva

any motobike store should do something for ya mate, also hit it up on e-bay, you will find them for sure as they are the more popular chain.

Cheers, Tony.

Thanks for that guys, just one question, any of u live in melb, please tell me where ya get ur parts from.online??? shops??? wateva

Alot of guys on this site seem to live on ebay ... If you want somthing to last sometimes the cheapest thing just aint going to cut it. I myself get stuff from www.oz50.com.au or www.boxys.com.au but for a chain i just went down to a local moto shop and got a DID ER420 $56 i think it was.

I have got GOLD O ring 420 chains atm for $40.00 plus postage. These chains are quite good . Im running one at the moment and havent had to tighten it in rides ay.. Dont seem to stretch. Pm me if ya intersted.

ebay dont only consist of shit though, you get a good price as the seller doesnt have to have overheads like a shopfront, rent, electricity etc etc... thus the prices are rock bottom. ebay is good for stuff like this. just make sure you know what your getting is ligit and you will have no problems.

Latest posts

Back