What chain?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyunt

Reaction score
Hey i snapped my chain today, and don't know what brand to get?
There are so many some cheap, some more expensive! Any Help?

Cheers Dane

thanks!

I already have an Rk but used the master link to my old chain because i did not have a chain breaker so now i need a whole new chain!

yes an RK chain would be the way to go... thats what i'm running on my mini... off the top of my head i think the size is 420....double cheack with someone 1st though... it should set you back around 30 bucks...good luck mate :)

rk or d.i.d is the best out there im getting a rk off elstars i think it was $30

Chain Size how do you tell

yes an RK chain would be the way to go... thats what i'm running on my mini... off the top of my head i think the size is 420....double cheack with someone 1st though... it should set you back around 30 bucks...good luck mate :)

How can you tell the difference between a 420 and a 428. My pitbike is from the land of 1 billion people and the chain has no marks like the RK and DID chains do. Does anyone know how to measure a chain and determine its size?

yea they are 420 chains.

clear.jpg

where do you get the clear 420 chains from!?? :rolleyes:

Chain Size

How can you tell the difference between a 420 and a 428. My pitbike is from the land of 1 billion people and the chain has no marks like the RK and DID chains do. Does anyone know how to measure a chain and determine its size?

Information about chain size from Welcome to [email protected]

A motorcycle chain is the most common method used to connect and drive the rear wheel in a motorcycle. The others are belt drive and shaft drive.

Chain size is in inches, the three digit number used to discribe the chain size is based on the "rule of eights". The first digit is for chain pitch. This is the distance between the pins. The second and third digits combine for roller width, with a decimal point inserted between the second and third digits.

For example, a 420 chain has a pitch of 4/8" = 1/2" (12.70mm) and a roller width of 2.0/8" = 1/4" (6.35mm).

So a 428 chain has the same pitch as a 420 but the roller width is 2.8/8" = 8.89mm.

Hope this helps and explains why 420 and 428 chains and sprocket won't mix.

Latest posts

Back