What do you do when a swarm of bees moves into your backyard ?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

my67xr

Miniriders Legend and Master Spanner Spinning Mode
Reaction score
I was out the back this morning trying to wake up.
All of a sudden i could hear hundreds of bees.
there was a swam of them hovering over my shed and neighbours property, thousands and thousands of the little buggers.
I have brought my dog inside for the moment.

They have all settled into a bush in my yard, the clump of bees is about 500mm wide and 750mm high.

the top shot below is a quick video of them but isn't too clear, i'll try and get some clear pics.
click on it to view

i wonder if i should get my IT200 out of the shed and try and smoke them out ???

lol,
then i'd have them all laying/passed out all over the place, and hanging for munchies !!!

Use citronella candle oil through a spray bottle. also good to stop cats pissing on your porch and car wheels. if that does not sought them out , throw a match on the citronella soaked nest and blow them up.

This guy hahaha.
Just be all nice and use a citronella oil. If that doesnt work just you know blow them up. She'll be right hahahaha

We don't have any problems with cats here, my dogs fix them.

so if i try blowing them up, i should get a video of it?
just so you can watch me getting stung hundreds of times by burning/angry bees ?
nah no chance of that happening ^^

they have seemed to thin out a bit now, there's only about 1000 there ?!?
the branch they are hanging onto is about 25mm thick so you get an idea of how many there are .

here is another video below

you wanna get a large poncho and secure it ya then get a broad brimmed had and stick fly wire around it so it covers your neck, then get some rubber gloves.. then long pants.... then grab a deodorant can (full) then get a lighter... you know what to do next..... :p
lol dont do it!!!! :p

too much effort !

i found some non toxic bug spray that i have for the garden, veggies etc, to get rid of insects.
i don't want to try pumping it out the spray bottle onto them tough.
i have an idea though

i will pour the 750ml bottle into my compressor air line, it goes across the back yard to just under where they've settled.
then i can stand in the shed and release the air through the regulator, it'll force the bug spray out and straight at them.

might set up the helmet cam to video it too ?
then we can watch some bees getting angry, and hopefully the swam flies away from here.
but i hope not into my shed near me !!!

I didn't get a chance to make a video, the bees all moved on early the next morning.
A friend said unless they are setting up a hive they move on every couple of days.

A campfire would move em out citronella works great, I used to spray em down with the hose and while they were fighting to fly again kill em.....or brakeclean lol

if at first you dont succeed get a bigger hammer....

Latest posts

Back