What else should i buy?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mileszodiac

Reaction score
I want a cheap, reliable mini. I was thinking the pitster 50 or the DHZ 110 since they are both small and are more what i am looking for. But after reading up on them they both seem unreliable and require a lot of aftermarket parts to get them to a reliable standard (Is this true?)

So then i thought maybe a DHZ DPRO 140 from DHZ would be a good buy, and put some protapers on it and maybe it would be a reliable bike? What would be my best option in getting a cheap and reliable mini

Nothing wrong with the Pitster 50, i went overboard with mine but with a few basic mods are a good bike.

If i buy the pitster with the oversized head & the bore kit do i need to change jetting/etc? Also how do i fit it, i've got no idea... could the people at DHZ fit it for me then ship it to me?

def nothing wrong with the pp50 apart from the top fork clamp, but in basic riding conditions there still fine.. dhz have or soon will have an upgrade for the clamp..

iv personally seen heaps of pp50's sold and only one ever came back and it was from owner abuse... bent gearshaft..

now i see you mentioned 3 bikes and you want a small mini, the 140 isnt in the same game as the 50 or 110..
im going to suggest you get the 110, all the adults i see buying pp50's are quickly looking for performance mods to get them going better..
add up the cost of the pp50 + bore kit and carby, you wont be far off the 110..

how about this setup?
PRO TAPER MX GRIPS, PILLOW TOP TRI-DENSITY
PitsterPRO XJR SS 50cc Stocker
PRO TAPER TUCKER ROCKY SE HANDLE BAR XR50 CRF50
Aluminium 1/4 Turn Joker Throttle RED
NEW 70CC Bore Kit to Suit XJR 50CC Engine
New Lifan E-22 50CC 70CC 90CC Engine OverSize Valve Head Complete
Pitsterpro Big Bore Exhaust System, Fits to Daytona Lifan Ducar Zongshen Engines
Innova 3.00-10 42J Tough Gear-R 10" Rear Tyre & Tube
Fastace Rear Shock Model BS-58AR-270L
Unifilter 35MM Angle

As you can see, im going basing it off minifighters build :), would this be better than a dhz 110 with $300 worth of mods?

EDIT: Also, will that rear shock bolt straight on to the bike? Do i need to play with the jetting to get the pipe + Bore kit + Performance head to make it all run smooth? How do i put on the Bore kit? (Never Used a bore kit in 9 years of riding :\)

Last edited:
Man im pretty sure dhz sells a big boy kit for them round $300 comes with bars and stuff and im considering getting a pp50 as well man just gotta sell my bike lol

Yeah the big boy kit is what you're after

DHZ Website said:
Meet The XJR SS 50cc Stocker
Bring on the backyard bashing and mobbing the mini track cause the XJR SS is perfect bike to bang bars. Its got 4 gears of fun just waiting to be unleashed and with an affordable price tag you have extra money for band-aids. $280 extra for our Big Boy Package which includes performance exhaust, Pro Taper Bar and Fastace Rear Shock.

mmm i think im leaning more towards the idea of a dpro 140... They seem to go alot harder have a decent suspension setup whilst the XJR doesn't seem like it will have the power also nobody will give me any answers on jetting with the pipe and installing the bore kit!

Anyone with experince (MINIFIGHTERS :p) please share if you think the XJR has enough power with the 70cc bore + Head or im better off getting a Dpro 140.

what kind of riding are you planing on doing the XJR with the 70 BBK and head will go great but its pointless buying if its not what your after just like buying a HSV Clubsport for going 4wding and as for jetting it depends on all kinds of things what carby,sea level and stuff and if you read minifighters thread he swapped the carb to a oko just something else to look into

here is a few things for you to look at

CARBY:
http://www.miniriders.com/carby-tuning/25033-carb-jetting-tuning-dummies.html
http://www.miniriders.com/carby-tuning/20778-carburettor-tuning-guide.html

Engine:
http://www.miniriders.com/motor-tutorials/21075-how-tear-down-head-cylinder.html
http://www.miniriders.com/motor-tutorials/28151-yx150-160-155z-top-end-build-up-magneto-mod.html

Last edited:
what kind of riding are you planing on doing the XJR with the 70 BBK and head will go great but its pointless buying if its not what your after just like buying a HSV Clubsport for going 4wding and as for jetting it depends on all kinds of things what carby,sea level and stuff and if you read minifighters thread he swapped the carb to a oko just something else to look into

here is a few things for you to look ay

http://www.miniriders.com/carby-tuning/25033-carb-jetting-tuning-dummies.html
http://www.miniriders.com/carby-tuning/20778-carburettor-tuning-guide.html

http://www.miniriders.com/motor-tutorials/21075-how-tear-down-head-cylinder.html
http://www.miniriders.com/motor-tutorials/28151-yx150-160-155z-top-end-build-up-magneto-mod.html

Thanks a lot, the kind of riding i'll do is on a farm, i want something just to mess around on and go searching for tracks and just messing around on, i race a ktm 125 so im only buying a pitty to mess around on. I'll have a read of the threads now, also getting the oko carb is just optional upgrade not a must is it?

Can i get DHZ to fit the bore kit + head?

Last edited:
if its farm riding you would apreachate the extra cc's the 140 has to offer if you have plenty of land avaliable i would even say go a 160 i know you could get an atomik nitrous 160mid size and a few upgrades for round a $1200 and as for the oko is an optional extra

A used mod crf 50 .

bargains are about , resale value is alot better . more reliable etc..

just saying , buying a pp50 then you say you want to add all them mods ... may as well go a crf..

you want something to muck around on then the only solution is 10 inch semi auto.. pretty much as woggy says..

but.. there is no right or wrong answer here.. the decision is yours, only you know exactly what you need..

im also going to throw in that no matter what bike you buy the bug will bite you and you'll just wanna keep modding it..

A used mod crf 50 .

bargains are about , resale value is alot better . more reliable etc..

just saying , buying a pp50 then you say you want to add all them mods ... may as well go a crf..

all modded crf50s seem to be going for $2000+ with a bore kit and some decent mods.. wount be able to get one for $1300 or less?

Should be able to find a stocker for that with suspension / barkit etc , will easily be on par with the pp

The Pitster exhaust is too big for the 50 even with the 70 kit. You wont need to change your jetting with the 70 kit just adjust the needle settings, but a bigger carb will be on the cards in no time.

DHZ were also working on a billet top clamp which should be available by now. Not sure on cost though. Alternatively, a set of big bike risers and trimmed rubber mounts done the job. About $40 from the bike shop.

Rear shock will bolt straight in, no problems.

Uni Filter i dont think will fit the std carb. I could be wrong, but im sure i tried that and it didnt fit?

Innova will only be good for the rear, id just go with Millies front and rear. The Innova was a tad wide in my opinion.

A decent chain is needed, the std on is poo.

As mentioned above, email Ken about the big boy kit as it will save you $$.

Hope this helps :)

The Pitster exhaust is too big for the 50 even with the 70 kit. You wont need to change your jetting with the 70 kit just adjust the needle settings, but a bigger carb will be on the cards in no time.

DHZ were also working on a billet top clamp which should be available by now. Not sure on cost though. Alternatively, a set of big bike risers and trimmed rubber mounts done the job. About $40 from the bike shop.

Uni Filter i dont think will fit the std carb. I could be wrong, but im sure i tried that and it didnt fit?

Innova will only be good for the rear, id just go with Millies front and rear. The Innova was a tad wide in my opinion.

alright thanks for that clears things up. Ill keep an eye out for a crf50 as it would suit being more realiable + Honda quality, But if i cant find one ill look into getting a pp50

Im doing the same thing. Stock XJR SS 50 but got the 70cc head and the E22 oversized valve head to put on also. I was told just to take the wire mesh out of the carb and it will be fine. But if its not what "needle mods" do i do?
Just raise or lower the needle?

Latest posts

Back