What else should i check and service on my orion

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazy-latin-steven

Reaction score
Hey lately ive asked a couple of questions on problems with my bike. I have most of the parts and tutoriols on how to fix them. I will let you know what they are and if you think i should do anything else please tell me.
Things im going to do=
Repack exhaust, Adjust my valves, Recharge battery, New gaskets, New selector gear( with mechanic), Clean carby, New uni air filter, Replace oil, New NGK spark plug
Is there anything else i should check and service on my orion 125cc. If so please say so????:D

Last edited:
yeh man sounds good :) how often are you looking to do these services?
the only real thing that i would be doing regally is cleaning and washing my air filter, just soaking it in fuel and then washing it with the hose and changing the oil quiet often, those two things are a definite when your doing a quick service :)

cleaning out your carbie is a great thing to be doing if it isn't running so well and a good thing to cover

gaskets and gear selector are pritty much things that I'd only be worrying about changing if they needed it :)

pritty much man, every so often just wash your bike, keep it clean, change the oil every so often and clean your filter and your away :) then other stuff just attend to it as it needs =)

good luck cheif

- Bleed your brakes out using decent quality brake fluid (Dot 4 of course)
- Replace fork oil with better suited weight , the stuff in the catridges is shit similar to moose piss
- remove your throttle and clutch cable and spray some lube into it
- Replace your chain with a decent japanese 428 pitch chain such as EK , RK , DID. Please do this , my china chain ate my cases and cost me an engine
- Restaple gun your seat cover , the stock staples are hopless and the gooks who made these bikes fail to wack enough staples in them so the cover pulls of
- Lock wire your grips too
- Get a rear rim lock to stop your rim eating your tube valve
- Keep the chain lubed
- Grease axel , stearing bearings and swingarm pivot!

Should keep you busy for a while , i can confim this shit will increase the life of your bike !

check your frame, they have a fairly strong frame but mine snapped, but make sure you do a once over with it.
also, if you can make a better exhaust holder, like get another exhaust bracket, then weld another tab onto the frame and hold it from that, the stock tab is crap and so is the bracket so making 2 brackets for the zorst.

be careful with the bash gaurd, just have a look at it every so often
check your engine mounts, they come loose

check the wheel bearings and wheel alignment.

check the chain, if your back wheel is outta whack it will stretch the chain, so adjust it and if it gets worse (which it probably will) get a new chain, but if you rally want to get a new wheel.

whatch out for the seat brackets they are crap from stock, just get a new one when th go, they're only 20-40 buck for a high rise seat. and aslo just watch out for your first ride with a seat-sometimes it rips (plus seats dont cost much, but ive had 5 on my bike)

swing arm bearinngs and the bolt that goes through it, just get your bike on a stand and wiggle it from side to side, if there is alot of freeplay, it might pay to have a look at it

like unit said watch out for all the clutch and throttle cables- and tire tubes- always have spares in the car.

the clutch perch mathingymabobby

Latest posts

Back