what else should i order ?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

youngblood

Reaction score
well i should be ordering my 2011 lxr on monday night just want to ask MR what they think i should buy with it i have 3500 max that has to include the bike. so list it up what you think i should get

cheers

OKO 26mm and new bars.

Yeah i already have loctite, new chain will be in there for sure . I heard that you can stuff up the trueing of the rims by tigthening them your self ? Are new bars that necessary straight away

The loctite and oko will get you banging bars straight away and give you a decent amount of power. anything else can be done over time.

also, not sure what the standard chains are like on the LXR, TyD should be able to better answer that one.

im definitely getting a chain straight up, but i will wait till i stretch the one that comes with it before i put it on haha,

also cause i plan on doin the v2 head , bige bore upgrade should i bother getting the 26mm carb of jst get the 28mm ?

also cause i plan on doin the v2 head , bige bore upgrade should i bother getting the 26mm carb of jst get the 28mm ?

Go the OKO28 from the start mate. If you plan on doing the V2 mod you should think about getting it and fit it before you ride it, will make things much easier.

So LXR ($2,900) OKO28 race kit ($175) and V2 ($565 with decomp option) comes to rrp$3640. Maybe email DHZ and see if he can do you a deal.

You could also knock a few $$ off buy going the cheaper deals ie: std V2 (no decomp) and std oko28 (no throttle or UNI etc)

Also are you having it delivered, because that you will need to factor in the delivery cost's to your budget.

oko flatslide carb 26mm
Bars
Grips
Chain
new tyres *you will find out that the stock rear wont last you longer than a couple of weeks but i suppose it can it wait
loctite
uni filter
chain lube
air filter oil
loctite

levers and throttle arent a must but i didnt really like the stock throttle and ken advised me to get a billet 1/4 turn

thats all i can think of but im sure i have missed something

I think you will find the 160 with a V2 and well tuned oko28 will give you a pretty competitive bike. What we've all just suggested is a very popular combo/set up and is definitely tried and proven with a lot of members here.

As for the 1/8th throttle..it all comes down to preference. You haven't yet mentioned your riding experience either?

Last edited:
Where are you located bro?

Back