what is an inner rotor kit

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

byh0005

Reaction score
i no this may sound dumb but if i don't ask i wont know so what is an inner rotor kit and what is an outer roter kit

have you tried researching and reading thru the forum? It HAS been explained MANY times previously ya know :D

i searched and i cant find any threads besides install and google is no help either

thanks mate iv been told that an inner rottor kit lets your bikie rev more freely

long story short, an inner rotor kit is a very small, light replacement flywheel and stator that replaces the stock flywheel and stator.
An outer rotor kit is the same thing, just slightly larger.

Neither increase HP output, but both allow the engine to rev quicker. The IRK however, having such a minimal flywheel mass, thus rotating mass, drops the torque output drastically, and is thus suited to a more skilled rider who can feather the clutch when required and keep the motor on the boil.
The ORK still has a reasonable amount of flywheel mass, so it doesnt lose as much torque, and is better suited to lesser skilled riders.
The ORK also has far greater range of timing adjustment...
That's about as short and simple as it can be put, while still making sense..

I have an innie!! my next engine will have an outtie!! ha ha ha ha. oh wait, are we discussing bellybuttons or stators?

its the same sort of thing as a rotary car, it means your engine runs on weird looking things and engine runs faster and stuf like that

what about whats a rotary powered weird machine!?
DROOL:
26b_2.jpg

pg27_03b.jpg

suzuki re500?
suzuki_re5_rotary.jpg

aguiar_rotary_motorcycle.jpg

Personally id much prefer to go round n round than go up n down :D

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back