What is the spiral black piece in the exhaust port for?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThisGuy

Reaction score
I took my exhaust off and saw something hanging out of t. I pulled on it a little bit and saw it was a spiral black thing lining the walls of the port. I dont know if it is restricting anything or not but does have to be there? And what is it?

you'll probably find it's the little exhaust gasket

well the wrecked little exhaust gasket

there a little copper or steel thing not ment to be a spiral

I really dont think it was the gasket it was black and spirally :confused-smiley-014 I will post a pic later today, check back in the post later please

I really dont think it was the gasket it was black and spirally :confused-smiley-014 I will post a pic later today, check back in the post later please

Thats what some of them look like after they've been compressed. Not sure why they come out like that as they look nothing like that when you put them in? Put up a pic just in case but my moneys on the gasket :)

Yeah its not a copper one i wouldnt think it would have been one with a white inside and bendable steel around it

Its definitely not copper. Its black and i think it is bendable steel, idk is it necessary? Is it worn?

Its definitely not copper. Its black and i think it is bendable steel, idk is it necessary? Is it worn?
its not necessary to replace if its still in decent nic and you can run without it but if there is a large gap it will make your bike have a header leak, pop coming from high rpm and make your pipe red hot... there cheap gaskets so i would ride while one is coming in through shipping

Def replace it with a copper flange as its spiraling and is damaged and unusable

Latest posts

Back