what mods should i make to my atomik motox 125

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atomik boy

Reaction score
hey guys question is:
what mods should i make to my atomik motox 125
i was thinking about dual exhaust or new cdi.
it hasent arrived yet so i dont know what i should do.
my mates said rims arnt great and chains break.
i should get a spare racing chain from my auncle david.
also should i get a bigger carbie.

here's the bike:
NEW ATOMIK MOTOX 125CC PIT DIRT BIKE MOTOR THUMPSTAR - eBay Other Trail Bikes, Trail Bikes, Motorcycles, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 21-Nov-09 17:45:33 AEDST)

also is it a peice of crap, have i been ripped off, how reliable is it, should i take it out to the farm and try it on the awsome trails.

thanks

Last edited:
sorry mate it's a complete piece of crap, that frame and forks will fold will little effort and the rest of it is made from the cheapest nastiest parts china has to offer. If you have the chance get rid of it, get as much money as you can for it and buy something half decent around the $1k mark.

If you do keep it just don't jump it, ever....... and don't spend any money on it, just ride it till it dies and move on, if you start spending money on it you'll never stop and eventually you'll end up replacing every single part

prolly not the best pic but hey its yours and i hope it makes you smile coz thats what its all about

just replace the oil, chain and bars , like dvd said keep the jumps small or none , its not a great jumping bike

tho i have mates with the same bikes and they seem to go and go and go
just maintain it , dont treat it like ****

ride the thing , get all your skills down , then in 12 months sell it for 300 and upgrade to a lil better

price you paid is not to bad , not a rip off , you will have a good time on it just respect it and it will go for 12 months np

lol, if only people would join this forum before they buy bikes like this...
there has been heaps of threads lately regarding the quality of these bikes...

anyways whats done is done, hope you have fun with it... and a little tip.. look after the bike and the bike will look after you..maintenance wise that is...

ps.. dont spend a cent on it apart from what it costs to keep it running and servicing it

i'm looking for mainly performence. ive ridden a crappy old bomb of a 80-90cc postie to over 100kph. so id like to know i have a better bike than that!

A postie is way better than an atomik but an atomik is a stepping stone to bigger and better bikes.

25mm Mikuni Carburetor i believe...what size unifilter what this mean? cheers

Since this old thread was bumped I may as well ask Atomik boy how this bike has been for him? Do you still have it because I thought I saw it in the FOTM not too long ago and it still looked like it was in good condition?

Snitchy was spot on with what he said (+reps) so I hope you did that and looked after it while having a heap of fun along the way.

if you have the carbie measure were the filter goes and that would be what size. if not look the carbie up on ebay should be around 42mm. and you can get uni-filters from most motorbike shops or ebay

42mm is correct for a genuine vm26 so I don't think the copies would be much different.

its a 25mm mikuni carburetor do u know which size uni filter?

around 42mm dosent matter wat brand there all the same in size. you will have to measure it up yourself or take your old fillter in to the shop and they will no what size

which part on the carby do i measure to find the size? cheers

Since this old thread was bumped I may as well ask Atomik boy how this bike has been for him? Do you still have it because I thought I saw it in the FOTM not too long ago and it still looked like it was in good condition?

Snitchy was spot on with what he said (+reps) so I hope you did that and looked after it while having a heap of fun along the way.

if you have the carbie measure were the filter goes and that would be what size. if not look the carbie up on ebay should be around 42mm. and you can get uni-filters from most motorbike shops or ebay

hey guys!
old thread ay!!
bikes fine... not:mmph:!
seized engine!
gonna look @ it tommorrow!
the stock filter was 38mm for the copy 25mm fakuni!

yeah i have the exact same bike died after one ride lol fixing it up tomorrow so 38mm filter thanks :D

got the bike running today it works well if maintained...i got a 38mm uni filter, new spark plug, adjusted chain, rear shock

Latest posts

Back