What motor is this?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MRKEV

Reaction score
G'day,

I just bought another bike off ebay (though money thasnt exchanged hands yet).

Before I pay for it I am just trying to figure out what kind of motor is in it. the bore is 56.5 stroke is 49.5 (figure quoted on ebay possibly unreliable). It looks exactly like my lifan 110 with the same copycat keihin carb and everything. I think its either a lifan 110 motor with a bigger bore or is might be a ducar:rolleyes: !

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI...MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=260104014878&rd=1&rd=1

Could anyone shed any light on this? and btw would it be an okay deal for 485 shipped?

Actually a look had at the pictures of a 125 pitpro and its pretty close motor, rear shock, swingarm, forks look the same. The main differances are the brakes (these are twin piston pitpro single) smaller front wheel (12" vs 14" pitpro, & carb (pitpro mikuni). might have been a ok pickup. I guess ill know when it arrives.

Engine is a Lifan, The bike looks like a BSE though its unusual for BSE's to have those disks...

too me the engine looks identical to a lifan 110cc but the 110cc's are semi auto an that has a manual clutch so id say its a lifan 125cc

That is one Chinese most common engine, could be longxin or wangli, bit hard to say it is Lifan coz the bike price. Also the design of that bike is way out of fashion, it's basically a stg frame and every backyard workshops or factory in china can assemble the bike like that.

What in gods name is a AMS star? The brand names companies come up with these days amazes me.

Yeah the frame looks pretty much the same as my pitpro 110. But my pit pro frame hasnt broken and quite frankly this should have better suspension therefore frame life should be better. The pitpro 125 frame looks heaps stronger. But as long as the top shock mount dosent break forcing the shock up my ass i dont care!

I am just looking for a bike to replace my 110 for the trails. To have a bit better forks and a bit longer wheelbase so it dosent get so sketchy when I hit sand and mud patches. Dont really care about power my 110 had plenty enough if you are prepared to work the most out of it. I reckon the motor in this probably wont have much more power, but having a clutch will help squeeze more out.

Also I think the bore and stroke figures they gave me were probably wrong. As usual with ebay you wont know until it arrives...if it arrvies. My guess is the motor is a small shaft lifan 110 with a 125 bore size

Last edited:
its a liffan 125cc motor 1 down 3 up non start in any gear, not ducar they just make the bore/stroke bigger so it sounds better i wanted to get one, how much you pay? seen one go for $350... I think the suspenction and front forks look good, the frame is the only downer it looks a bit weak!

I only paid $350 + 135 for post to brisbane. It looks like the same frame as my 110 so it should be okay (at least they are steel so you can keep an eye on them and just weld 'em up) Yeah the frame looks a bit weak but I think alot of frames on pittys are built to look tough not be tough. I think it is far more likely for bolts holding the frame and engine together to rattle loose and fall out than the frame cracking at least in the short term.

But when I get it I will post and tell if its any good or not...

I am not sure if the guy will post any more up on ebay

The Ducars in the earlier model Atomics were claimed to have a 56.5 bore x 49.5 stroke (124.15692406472336cc) and they look similar to some engines being sold on ebay as Lifans - so it's most likely a Ducar if the specs are right .

Here's a link to a bore capacity calculator which I find very useful at times :

http://www.straightliners.co.uk/calcs/eng-disp-calc.htm

Lifan makes a 107 (52.4 x 49.5) a 120 (52.4 x 55.5) 124 (54 x 54) a fake 125 (52.4 x 55.5 which is actually a 119 cc motor) a 127 (54 x 55.5) 2 different types of fake 138's which are actually only 127 (54 x 55.5) and their genuine 140 (55.5 x 59) .

Unless you get an engine sealed in a manufacturers carton with signed quality inspection certificates , you'll never really know what the hell it is ! The chinese will copy anything - even better selling brand chinese motors ! You can't go off what is on the cases either because engines can be ordered with your own brand name on the side - ie the "GPX" 125 Jialings - the 120 Lifan monster motors with "MOJO" on the side .

For $350 + postage , that bike is a really good deal ! Just toss the frame if it starts to bend and replace it with a twin piped moly frame !

Thanks cactus jack, I guess I'll never really know. But either way it should be an ok bike. I was pretty sure it was going to be a ducar after I bid... but it looks so much like my lifan 110. Who really cares as long as it dosent make any nasty noises and beats may 110cc to 60k by even the smallest amount ill be happy.

Hope it gets here soon, as my 110 had a hard run on the tracks this arvo and is now in a world of hurt....

Last edited:
When you get it , check the cylinder stud size - 110 motors have puny 6 mm studs but on 120 and up they HAD to go to 8 mm studs to stop the head gaskets from blowing when the studs stretch . A 56.5 x 49.5 bore and stroke should make for a good high revving motor in theory .

Uh oh! I think I just got owned. I just got an email from ebay saying that they have blacklisted the seller and that I should sort out a refund. I have already contacted my bank and arranged a trace & reversal but that is no guarantee. The seller is not contactable, the number just rings out and he must have killed his hotmail account.

This could be an expensive lesson. Maybe he had expected more bidders on the bikes and didnt want to sell them so cheap (he had a few on there that all went for $350) and has pulled out of selling them. Then again he might be on a plane to argentina.

His bank was with ANZ so it should be okay unless he has already withdrawn my hard earned cash.

That's EXACTLY why I ONLY deal mostly with sellers on ebay who take paypal ! When they want only money orders or bank deposit - that's so that you can't beat them for a refund if they rort you or you aren't happy ! For anyone who disagrees - just look at it from the point of view that I take - you can pay someone who has even the BEST intentions and they can get smacked over by a car or cark it in some other way before sending your item and you lose out - but with paypal - IF you don't receive your item - you get a refund , it's as simple as that ! Any seller or their relo's would have to produce proof that the item was delivered to your house to your satisfaction and that you signed for it or the transaction will be instantly reversed and you'll win your claim for a full refund ! Paypal has saved my butt on at least 6 occasions !

ALWAYS ask for insured postage and save the emails you send and receive for the transaction . With items paid for by bank deposit or money order - ALWAYS pay for registered and insured postage - that way you can claim a refund thru ebays' buyer protection policy - you'll have to pay them a $25 processing fee so any transaction that's $25 or less in total , FORGET bothering to claim as you'll only get back anything you paid over the $25 's . With paypal tho' , you get everything back - as long as you asked the seller to send insured ! Sometimes they still hit you with their crappy $25 fee but you can argue that you paid insurance so that you wouldn't lose 1 single cent !!!!!!! IF paypal tries to cop out - you can then take all your saved email evidence to your credit card provider and override them with a CHARGEBACK !!! But after you send them all your saved emails proving that you asked for insured postage and tell them you'll go for a chargeback with your bank - they quickly play ball and get your full refund to you very quickly !

Yer its defenintly a ducar. I was going 2 buy that model. But the guy at da shop was a bit ??? untrustworhthy.

Yer its defenintly a ducar. I was going 2 buy that model. But the guy at da shop was a bit ??? untrustworhthy.

Where did you look at the bike? the address ive got for the ebay seller is 6/30 Francis St, Clayton, Business name is AMS (aus) pty ltd. Was just looking up AMS in the white pages and there is an AMS motor sports at 1704 Princes Hwy Clayton. I wonder if they are somehow related and if they are, have they both shut down...

I sure hope suncorp come thru with this reversal... this is getting worse by the minute.

So I assume im not covered by the ebay's buyer protection policy?

Latest posts

Back