What not to buy

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JR motorsports in china, DHZ in oz, and JR in oz are great ebay sources for build parts... engines and forks, wheels, frame etc, i'd go DHZ, rear shock, plastics and all the other bolt ons, i'd go JR's in china..

thanx thump, im paranoid of buying **** afta having an old atomik

yeah usual story, buy the bike from Atomik, get the replacement parts from DHZ. lol

Cant really go wrong with JR's and DHZ..
Oh, Rec Imports are a great source for run of the mill or replacement items like stators, pistons n rings etc, wheels, clutches, cdis etc etc.

this is a pitpro frame i think, i scrapd the atomik lol

does the dhz twin exhaust do anything performance or noise wise or just for looks

i'm not sure... the people who've used one, havent said whether or not it improved performance much, and without intending to insult anyone, i'm not sure if they had the tuning skills to get the most out of it..
tuned properly, they *should* give a bit of increase in performance when tied in with other mods, as they allow the motor to breathe a bit more, but mostly i'd say they increase noise and looks first, performance second.
also means you cant run an external reservoir shock, which limits your choices to the MT-BAG from DNM, or a lesser quality shock without the adjustment...

maybe if you bought one from JR's in china... lot cheaper...
they look horn, but i dont reckon they're worth $260...

the ones from jr are awesome, come in different colours and ****... DHZ are only 199 aren't they?

nah i thought the DHZ twin muffler set ups are $269.... plus postage...
DHZ ones do however, come with the wider left hand side guard/number plate, and better mounts...

They look pretty good ... The main benefit of using one is so that you could quieten the bike up without losing exhaust flow/power ... Some riding places won't allow stock Chinas because their exhaust is too loud ... Good quality single mufflers which quieten the note without losing power are expensive to buy ...

So leahnscott ... fill us all in on your real life experience with the twin system ... You are the Master Chang here ... we are the eager young glasshoppa's :

1) Is it louder than a standard exhaust or quieter ? ...

2) Have you noticed a power increase or not ? ...

3) Does it fit evenly either side of the bike ? ...

4) Have people started "Oooing and Ahhhhing when they see your bike ?" ...

Well for a start i've put mine on a pitpro and it was a fairly easy fit just had to weld on one 25x3 flatbar bracket to the frame for the left hand muffler, all the parts needed were included and pre drilled. Post from china was fairly quick it took 5 days to get to me and was packaged great that good it took me about 1/2 an hour just to get it all out.

The note is quite deep compared to a standard exhaust but would be still fairly close in the Db department.

The bike is only a 125 and i haven't changed any jetting but the plug reading is a nice coffee colour so i'll leave it.

Power wise i haven't really noticed any change but the bike does seem to breathe better than stock. but my intentions are to put a 150 or 160 in with a better carb ie oko or molkt then play around a bit more with jetting and gearing, so hopefully i should see some difference.

The fit isnt too bad for $190 but they arent 100% perfect like a $1200 pro circuit crf250r set.

Most people up here haven't seen them before and always ask questions and want to go for a ride but generally they always give them the thumbs up. I got the all grey set because it leaves me open to easily change colours of the bike as i please.

Once i get home (as im in melbourne and been overseas) if my bike is still there after a month away i'll take some photo's and post for all to see.

cheers

Latest posts

Back