What now???

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Atomik-Rider140

Reaction score
As some of you may know i own and ride a modified Atomik 150cc... but where to go now?
Im asking if anyone has any idea's on what other mods i should have on my bike, suspension, performance (the fairings, bars and exterior can be left at that, im happy with that :) ) The current mods on it so far are:
- GPX 150x 150cc race engine
- Molkt 26mm Race Carby
- High rev Racing CDI
- CNC Oil cooler
- Outer rotor kit
- Dual stage Air filter
- DHZ 32mm Big Bore Performance exhaust
- Heavy duty adjustable rear shock with 1000lbs spring
- USD Forks
- Renthal grips
- Renthal Bars
- Rockstar Energy Drink graphics
- CNC 'unbreakable' brake and clutch levers
- NGK spark plug
- 1/4 turn throttle
- Genuine RK Chain
My150cc.jpg

So any ideas on some good affordable modifications? what would you plan on doing?
cheers...

sounds like you've done all the basics already...
i'd perhaps consider cleaning up the ports and manifolds, cleaning the welds in the port of the exhaust pipe itself, then spend the rest of my money on decent suspension. if you're on a budget, go with GPX forks and a fast ace rear, or if money isnt so much of an object, then i'd go with a DNM shock, and a set of fast ace AS-01 forks, or marzocchi shivers...
good suspension will make the bike quicker than more power upgrades...
failing that, go with a big bore kit...
and after doing that, i'd post this thread in the right section... ha ha ;)

cheers man, i was looking at an elka but too much, its my dream to have one of them haha. im on a budget when it comes to pitties, dont wanna spend a heap, i dont race or not too serious, but wanna impress lol. im thinkin of getting the fastace rear and yes i was thinking of GPX forks just after i purchased my motor. bore kit may come a little later on ayye... probs focused on the suspension atm...
OH and i didnt know what section to put it in so i just selected the general haha, a mod can move it if they like thanks.

Looks like a great bike, are they still stock china tyres - if so taht would be a really good/cheap improvement both for safty & looks.
yeah mate agreed.
i just cant find any 17"/14" tyres only the ones on them haha. i found a pair over the states but dont wanna order over there lol. ;) money better off spent here.

yeah mate agreed.
i just cant find any 17"/14" tyres only the ones on them haha. i found a pair over the states but dont wanna order over there lol. ;) money better off spent here.

You should be able to get good brand name tyres in 17s and 14s from any decent bike shop. They are a very common size. Most Jap and Euro 80/85cc bikes run those size tyres along with some of the 4 stroke bikes such as CRF and KLX.

if by dual stage filter you mean crappy china filter then piss that off and get a unifilter
over the top brake lever
like others have said suspension
I think that sticker kit is ugly as hell but as long as you like it

if by dual stage filter you mean crappy china filter then piss that off and get a unifilter
over the top brake lever
like others have said suspension
I think that sticker kit is ugly as hell but as long as you like it
haha thanks for your sympathy mate.
the filter came with the GPX, i did have a Uni but it was filthy dirty and i took it off to clean it and the dog got to it for bout 3 secs and took a little chunk out :mad: its material is just like a unifilter though, probs the best non-uni you can get i reckon lol. I like the rockstar kit but im sorta over most of the things which is why i want to sell it now, if not, im keeping and want your thoughts on how to make it look better. people tend to get over there bikes/cars etc which is why they wanna sell, spend a bit more and well this has happened to me lol.

You should be able to get good brand name tyres in 17s and 14s from any decent bike shop. They are a very common size. Most Jap and Euro 80/85cc bikes run those size tyres along with some of the 4 stroke bikes such as CRF and KLX.
yeah found that out when i had a look in my lunch break today, i noticed they fit the yz85's etc..

Latest posts

Back