What Oil is best for PitPro 140XR?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gunnerray

Reaction score
Gday all,
Have just purchased a Pitpro 140XR which so far I am pretty happy with. First China bike so see how it goes! I am still in the process of running it in and realise that oil change after the first tank/hour of use is the go. Do you have to run straight mineral oil in these engines or can you use Synthetic or Synthetic fortified stuff? I normally run elf 10W40 synthetic fortified in my YZ450F which is API SG and JASO MA which seems to fit the instruction sheet. I also notice it says no oil with graphite or molybocnurn additives which Im assuming is in regards to clutch slippage? Just want the engine to last as long as possible! Also it seems to want to stall with the choke off runs fine with it on 1 click. Is that just a case of idle adjustment?

I just put some castrol 15w 50 mineral oil in my XR today.
I've always run this stuff on my pittys, and they love it. keeps everything running smooth.

oh and my XR likes to run on half choke as well, I've been fiddling with the carby, but it still runs best on the middle setting.

i run motul 1000 in my xr, seems to like it a far bit, i had that problem when i got my pitpro, was something stupid tho, i had got the choke position and choke of position wrong, when i thought i was going from half choke to none i was actualy putting the choke on making it stall

yea still got the standard filter. im thinking of going a 26mm oko carb with a uni filter soon, and get it dialed in. i reckon the carb on the XR's are fake 30mm Mikuni's

i owned a couple of ct110 posties a few years back and when putting a uni filter on them we had to re jet the carb cause as yours is doing they only ran with the choke half on, as the tray where the intake normally is has a restricter in it

nah the xr carbs are real, buy a jetting kit from a moto shop and play around with it a bit, clip and needle

Thanks for the info! I have done a search and it seems as if there is a bit of debate as to mineral or synthetic/blends. Lots of different opinions. Still dont know if the synthetics are ok to use so I think Im going to just stick to the mineral stuff to be sure.

Latest posts

Back