what size big bike do i get!?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wipeass

Reaction score
hey guys, iv done my fair share of research on the net and iv basically decided its going to be a 2 stroke, but i just cant decide what size 2 banger!?

im 6ft 3inch and 17 years old

i use to own a 07 crf250r- so i have ample riding experience
i currently own a 160 pitty and a crf50
i also rode an rmz 450 the other day and that was rediculously powerfull

will a 125cc 2 stroke be enough power or will i want to upgrade to a 250 within a few months?
i noticed another user bought a 250 2 stroke and he is like 13, and i thought surely if he can ride one i can...
but then i thought it might just be overkill?

i ride sandy trails ( perth ), sand dunes, and am progressively hitting bigger jumps and keen on some non competitive mx. but basically im just a weekend warrior.

help me out please!

thanks in advance for your input!

Hey mate I used to work for Yamaha and I can more than tell you that at your age and size I would go for the 125, I have been out bush with a group I was riding my custom pity 17/14 150 which was well tuned kept up with the wr 250f 02 there was also a suzuki 450f, KX250f and a yamaha 125 2 banger now all afternoon we were getting smashed by the 2 stroker 125 and it was so agile up hill its a great all rounder and its a huge increase on power 250 will be way overkill and prob not worth it are you going MX or bush?
I think a 2 stroke 125 would be best for your level of riding skill yes eventually you will want a 250 but that will be after you get used to the 125 my recommendation is get a 125 brand new if you can and after 12 months sell it and buy the latest 250 that way you only loose about $1000 when you sell.

I'd be the opposite, i deffinately go the 250... If you already own/owned a 250CRF then thats the kind of power you can expect from a 2smoke 125.

Yeah, I agree with timmy... My KX250F is similar power to a 125 2 stroke... (was racing with a dude of similar riding skills a few weeks ago and couldnt shake the little bugger!)
A 250 2strokes power is closer to a 450F ... (a mates husky 2t is about 50hp, a 450F is about 53hp)
Just depends if you wanna have fun and be on the gas alot, or scare yourself a bit and have to be a bit cautious on a 250 .... also depends on your skills/experience i guess
If you are worried a 125 2 stroke wont be fast enough for ya, this might help you make your mind up...

[YOUTUBE]Hvv15Vn69AM[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
cheers for all the feedback guys, very interesting to see all the different opinions! i still cant decide though, i think im going to have to wait a couple of weeks until i can try a 250 2 stroke and see if its too much power...

Last edited:
yeah im with hillz...

but if your scared def go a 250, i class 125's as same power output as an 85 with bigger wheels lol. just more top speed, shade more torque..

125's always need the clutch raping which in return means more clutch replacements lol..

holy crap that decotis guy was bangin. that was some seriously fast riding. looked so loose through it all

hmmm ktm 150 is an interesting idea, they are reasonably cheap brand new aswell, compared to 4 strokes anyway. ill look into it more, cheers!

Latest posts

Back