What the hell is this

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmmm never before have i seen this done for dirt bikes. Most new cars have abs its a safety feature. Say if your driving and something runs across the road and you slam the brakes on abs will kick in and stop the brakes from locking on (so you can turn and slow down at the same time) because your cannon turn when you brakes are locked on.
I don't see the purpose of this on a dirt bike.

Last edited:
why would you waste ur mony on a dirt bike half the fun is locking up the back wheel

and locking up the front wheel (stoppies!)

dont bother with it lmao i dont even use back brakes so it would be no use to me

Its a gimick item.

As said earlier, there is no need or desire for dirt bikes to have abs... Actually it interferes with brakes control hence why race cars don't use them.

That particular item looks like a brake fluid relief valve that displaces the fluid intermittently to give an on/off effect.

Either way, thanks for bringing this to my attention. Haven't laughed so hard in ages! :D

i think they do....the porsche cup cars ran abs until a couple years back.

why do f1 cars run abs...??????

The official F-1 website.... "ABS anti-skid systems have been banned from Formula One racing.... Braking therefore remains one of the sternest tests of a Formula One driver's skill.

in F1 circles it just considered a "Drivers Aid" like traction control, 4 wheel steering blah blah blah...so basically that aint allowed to use em.

my bad for posting on such an old thread, but wat the hell, first post has gotta go somewhere! F1 cars run far more and far superior electronics than all but some road cars. They run 'Fly-by-wire' throttle control (basically and electronic throttle cable; albeit sans cable, and they do indeed run extensive traction control systems (900hp, in a carbon-fibre condom that weighs under a tonne) more than just driving skill needed there! I cannot however comment on ABS, they do however run carbon disks and 8 or 6piston calipers... and last of all no 4wheel steer (as if they need it neway, you seen them things go round Albert-Park? friggen wild!
.........soz for draggin on guys. cheers.

ok i know old thread but it poped up, that abs system is simply an air bubble in your brake hose, it works by limiting the power of your brakes. INSERT PROFANITY HERE!!!! bloody stupid idea, my ABS is control over how hard i hit the brakes. I have never locked a wheel unless i was trying to

ABS actually works by measuring the speed of each wheel and can sense if some wheels lock up as long as one is still turning. (if you stomp hard enough on the pedal with ABS and lock all 4 wheels they still lock up). For ABS to work on a motor bike you would somehow need to plumb both brake lines and eletronic control the pressure to each wheel and only have one lever control both wheels (not real good IMO).

That silly ebay item is designed to part idiots and their money and has nothing to do with improving the above idiots bikes (if you have one of these and believe you are not a idiot I am sorry if I offended you).

They'd only help knuckleheads out whose brains can't register - " Hit rear brake hard - pull clutch in at same time or lock up and stall moda ".....

Dads old BMW R1100RT had ABS but it was still a seperate brake system front and rear and you could switch it off

^^^^ Quite a few beemers and hondas(More often then not big bore touring bikes)have this.ABS on bikes more for old guys who havent ridden for 20-30years then for performance,definately for safety.ABS on a pitbike(or 99% of dirtbikes) would just be dumb.

Latest posts

Back