what to do ???

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ranga

Reaction score
hay all

i am thinking of giving up my pitpro as there seems to be alot of places in my area that are being petrolled by the fuzz...

i love ridding it when i get a chance but i dont wanna risk it...

i thought maybe getting the rx125 so best or both worlds...

can a pitbike get receational licence so i can take through some state forest ???

can a pitbike get receational licence so i can take through some state forest ???

Yeah Ranga pretty sure you can ... I'm not sure what's needed I've never done it but pretty sure you gotta run lights :cool:

That's the dilemma we're all facing in Australia ... Racing / riding unregistered bikes/cars can be great fun but it can also become a source of misery if you have nowhere to use them legally ... It's especially a piss off if you've sunk thousands into a purpose built race vehicle such as a drag car / bike or sprint car and the local tracks either get shut down or new proposals meet stiff opposition from wankers whinging because a track in their vicinity will lower the value of their home ... You buy a home to live in NOT make a profit off and stop the rest of the world from enjoying a decent existence ...

Your only option is to get your own car and trailer or a van so you can travel to legal riding places ... or as you're thinking ... buy a street legal rego'd bike ... The fines and potential cost of losing an existing car licence for getting caught riding unlicensed / unrego'd / uninsured in a publc place , public street or open private property are so high that you'd have been better off doing things the legal way in the first place ...

yeh i have a road bike and a yz but thinking of chucking the pitty and yz up....

my mate has got 20 acres which backs onto a new houseing estate.. they have complained that we are being to noisy but we did not care as its his own land.. anywho the cops rocked up and issued us with warnings... next time bye bye bikes... can this be done ???? i am ova it to be honnest... fort lytton seems to be the place but i dont wanna go and look like a dumbass getting 1mm of air....

mate the same thing happened to me. If the council classes your mates land as 'township' regardless of how big it is, he needs a permit for each bike he rides on there. The other option is to get as you said a Rx125 and get your bike license and regester the bike for road. So you can ride anywhere you want!! Such is live.you try to live it to you full potential then the assholes try to stop you from having fun. Total Bullshit

don't buy the 08 model as i hear they are bad. You may as well wait for the 2010 models to come out

yer it does suck ay we go to a place called rover park and its the only cheaper bike park arund and its 4 hours away:( but its up for auction thiss weekend i think so we hope some money suckin basted doesnt buy it and sky rocket the prices. theres allways hope lol

i wonder if the dirt bike will phase out as the laws are getting worse... wont be long for a full time ban...

These my fellow dirt bikers are the reasons why im out of the dirt bike scene ,NO WHERE TO RIDE ,yes there are tracks such as bdv,fort and such but be honest here who wants to ride a track all the time ,i mean unless your intersted in race or such why go ,i dont see the point ,yes rec reg is the go but how does 1 14 yr old son come for a ride whit his dad ,he needs a licence ?

bullshit i say ,they have huge shops selling all these great bikes ,IE honda,kwaka, yami

and so forth ,yet they cater for nobody to ride them ,i was brought up on the ol days

dont piss ppl off and you can ride where ya like ,piss them off and your out ,those were the rules when i was a kid

seems my boy cant do the same as we have all the so good DO GOODERS ,get stuffed i say

"rant over"

hence my nxt part

dont go RX vert pfffffft ,,get ya 1 of these ,classic honda ,style galore

legal in every way ,shit loads of fun in numbers ,and im doing 1 for zacass as well for when he turns 17 ,2 yrs away

25042009144.jpg

or go all out and do somethink like this

22022009033.jpg

get my point?

thats crap hey but is the way of the world unfortunantly

ranga dont be afraid of hitting the track mate as long as your in it ya got a chance of winning it the bradbry bloke is proof of that

good luck

get your mate to apply for a permit or build a track smack in the middle of the property where no one can here ya

:eek: holy shit!!!! how i love linkage forks... and i love the way they got around the hub steering issue...

thats brilliant:) wonder how it handles? more i look at it, the more bizarre it seems... its not linkage forks after all. but definitely wacked:)

i want one!!! now!!!! rolling chassis!!!! gimme! NOW!

but thats the thing with 20 acres theres no where that the neighbors wont hear
well picky ones anyway

ive always thought if they have skate parks and push bike tracks why not have a motor bike park? just a space for people to ride legally- no rego, no bs like that, slap a sign up that says enter at your own risk (like a skatepark) if people stay within the confinement of the park they dont get a fine - plain and simple.

Sure enough have it away from houses so theres no noise complaints and give fines to anyone who rides on the road illegaly but just having a space to ride (without having to go through rego and all the litigation and paperwork)

i dont know, that would seem like an obvious answer imo. Whereas currently the closest track to me is Laverton MX Track where you need to pay $20 to ride, wear full protective gear, If your not a kid - you can ride on the MX track only (full of massive ruts and hard 45yr old blokes from laverton and werribee riding 450`s , 525`s and the occasional cr500)

AND

if you are caught riding your bike (i have heard of even sitting on your bike) outside of a fence which runs around the track you can/will be fined by cops - and i have seen it happen (and boy was that bloke unhappy) i have ridden there 4 times , 3 times the cops came down on thier KTM`s to make sure everyone was riding in the fence.

^^ it woud seem that way nafe but you got to think about built up areas like around the cities outer suburbs where they would have to travel at least 30-40min anyways so that no one would complain, then there would have to be ambos there constantly checking to see if anyone has broken thier neck, you also got to think about what happens if people get drunk and decide to go riding by them selves(stupid but might happen) and then there is insurance, someone could sue the council if thier kid brakes something and they would have to pay the bill which most if not all councils wouldn't do, ect ect ect it goes on and on but there is alot of aspects that you would have to consider not to mention the risk assesment would be massive and paper work, blah blah blah

Exactly ^^^^^^

hence the big black endless track ,even a road trail still get the thrills but not the fines

yes i saw that bike at monkeygarage meet 09

cant remember the chaps name but a few members here would know <
that was 1 of many cool monkeys at that meet

so far im up to nearly 4k on mine and still not finished
should top out at 120 kms tho and pull like a bitch

iv run her at 90 kms but only on 8 inch rims and stck swing arm and was a lil scary
got a new set of 10inch rims and twist tyres and + 10 swing arm to handel the bigger speeds
should be fun then

Yeah i understand all the legals and all that, i just hate paying to enter a track and ride - same as i hate paying to go to a pub or nightclub fkn biggest waste of money.

I wonder how (about 5 years ago) every suburb seemed to get funding to make a local skate park (now you would be lucky to see kids hiding under the half pipe pulling cones or sculling beers).

Ive seen kids hurt themselves while using these facilities some of them really bad. About 10-12 years ago a kid died skating a half pipe in wood ville near werribee, yet now 10 years later we have another 2 skate parks 5 minutes apart from each other? so funding has been poured into these projects even after tragic accidents have occured.

Confuses me , if they can shift the blame from the council to the facility user in these cases by only placing a sign stating "enter at own risk" then why wouldnt it be possible in the case of a "motorbike park"

I understand the noise issue and the fact that some people will need to travel great lengths to reach these places but if i know its free, theres a track and no chance of cops and i don't need a license and rego i know i would make the trip.

Just a thought. .

well, we finally got a skate park near us.... so, it has no half pipes. no spines. a half arsed joke of a quarter pipe. thats so close to a rail that youll break your ankles on a board... then a goddamn 3 metre deep bowl!!!!

so, it had no real planning or forethought put into its layout, most people around here ride bmx bikes(wheres the track we were promised?) and to use the bowl, you either have to know what your doing or die cause theres nowhere to practise dropping in or anything.

its the most cluttered and tight park in the area... and now the initial novelty has worn off, deserted most of the time...

whereas a few km away, theres one that was laid out properly, and always seems to have ten or fifteen guys riding around, with enough space not to injure each other....

who thinks of these things?

and while im at it...council felt it necessary to rip up 500m of footpath, that was basically a widened footpath from its original, only to lay it exactly the same as it was before, minus the join down the middle mind you, yet dont link up two sections of path that are seperated by roughly 500m up the road.... that sees more use than the section that was replaced....

yeah with the noise they have them rc car tracks that have them nitro cars that make heaps of noise. (I have a rc car but its electric and it gets boring so i started taking it off huge jumps and of course it broke)

In m8land they just put up a fence around the rc park and they rebuilt it totally, although it already had these wooden poles as a fence it was a waste of money like what was the point of putting a fence around it? they waste money on this shit.

Latest posts

Back