What To Loctite On A Pitty?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metalturtle

Reaction score
Now I know this has probly come up before but im only new to this site so gisAbreak. I just want to know exactly what i need to loctite when i get me new pitty home. Just gis a list of the areas where bolts should be done. And also which loctite should i use. Thanks Heaps.

E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G !!!!.....from the bolts on the Handlebar to the ones on the chainslider..no kidding!!

I don't locktite anything,But i replace all nuts and bolts and use anti rattle washers.Have never lost a nut or bolt

I don't locktite anything,But i replace all nuts and bolts and use anti rattle washers.Have never lost a nut or bolt

while you may not have LOST any.. Your certainly a few SCREWS loose!! :D--BURN!--

hahaha fool.. i locktited every bolt i could get to and those with nuts replaced the nuts with nylocks, they will not rattle loose especially with locktite, and for future referance, Locktite WILL work in any coditions eg. in oils, water, solvent, heat (as long as its clean). The way it works is when its is deprived of air it seizes and therefore locks ur nut inplace <-- A Handy Hint/Fun Fact

i didnt locktight anything (lazy) but i have gone over my bike a few times since i got it to make sure nothings loose and its all good

u should do it when shit is loose i mean if ur lazyt its a plus coz its already half undun hahaha

yeah loctite everything
it may take some time but its better to be safe than sorry.
do after every couple of rides for the first few rides

Yep and even when you think you got em all go over it again. I thought mine was safe but a bolt on the front disc rattled out and the screw holding the earth from the stator came undone and stuck to the flywheel. Took 2 mechanics and an auto electrician an hour to work out why the thing wouldnt start.

warning do not use high strength loctite on crappy bolts
when you need to take them off you will snap the bolt head clean off making it reaaly hard to fix
if you use high strength loctite you must use heat to undo the bolt/nut

now this is not somthing that has happened to me but i know plenty of dudes that have made such fatal mistakes

so consider yourself warned

i dont loctite anything. the only thing that has come lose is the bolt that hold the rear sprocket on and they were cross-threaded anyway.i replaced them with 10mm bolts from the hardware.

Thanks heaps err one. what loctite should i use? I know there is different ones but is there a certain one that is better for this application?

only things I've had trouble with so far are the sprocket and the chain guide on the bottum of the swingarm.

medium strength is best. Use high strength and you will snap ya bolts trying to undo em. Ah the joys of chinese steel.

locktight is the shit cant believe you asked what to locktight! its good shit and definately worth that little extra time, i even double check some cruicial nuts and bolts everytime i go riding where ill be out for a few hours at a time

Latest posts

Back