What tyres are good for racing?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ben.a.

Reaction score
hey,
Any suggestions as to what tyres are going to work best at Kurri Kurri for the CRF Style class on 4th June? Running 12" / 10".
Ben

kurri is deep sand and nothing else so by the end of practice big ruts and not much else,also very few jumps ,i would just reccomend a new tyre with deep tread probably big blocks for depth in the sand

It dont sound like a real exciting track but atleast we are all racing on the same surface

Kurri Kurri will be my first race - ever so just trying to be somewhat prepared, or at least have a bike that's on a level playing field with everyone else. Sounds like if it's sandy it's not going to matter too much. But would still be interesting to see what people run. Kenda, Dunlops, etc.
I've got Dunlops at the moment but they chewed out pretty quick but at least the knobs didn't peel off like they did on the Pirelli on my 250F.

depends on what you class as exciting,15 bikes on a track half as wide as gwandalan and about 2 thirds the length makes it tight and close racing,also a bit of one rut cornering makes it challenging for overtaking will be a really fun day,i think the key too kurri is momentum, keeping the bike moving and not bogging down

Latest posts

Back