what would you spend $1500 on?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bones

Reaction score
hay guys, well my 21st is coming up soon and the parents have decided to throw $1500 my way (very generous) and i have decided to put this into my bike. i am running the gt 125X (funky swingarm) and im curios to know what you would spend your money on if you have $1500 to spend. i have decided im going to go to a 14" 12" setup and get some motards for my 12" 10" setup.

what would you guys do if you had this sort of cash, can be engine mods, cosmetic mods, anything you want. so post it up, may give me some ideas as to what i can look at doing to my beast.:)

Cheers, Tony.

Sell your bike and buy a done up honda,any money you put into gpx you might aswell throw it away cuase you will never get it back in resale.3K will get you a sick crf.and it will NOT BREAK!!!!

haha, you crf boys are all the same. 3k may get me a sick crf but 1500 into my bike will rip up. i aint going to sell my ride cause i like the ride height of my bike and my setup is great, im just looking for improvments on what i allready have.

thanks anyway matey,

Cheers, Tony.

So your 21 congratulations ,have you got a car ,if ya happy with the bike the next best thing would be a cheap ute maybe an xf ute ,to get you out there riding or a decent bike trailer atleast your parents can drop you off at a track for the day ,or theres always mates with a tow ball .so theres a few thing you could do with your money........

thanks mate. yeah i got me some wheels (a 1995 Daewoo 1.5i) hahahha its a beast but i got the tow ball and a carry rack for my bike so thats all good. im in the process of saving money to get a 2006 holden SS thunder II UTE (retail is $42,990) but its a beast and im half way there so not too long now for that baby to be mine, im all excited.

im thinking of spending all the money on my bike so yeah how would you put that money into your ride.

Inner rotor kit $200
Z40 cam $200
valve springs to suit cam $75
port work and valves machined to stop valve clip $150
Carby and jets $???
Dyno tune and horsepower run $88+
Heavy duty clutch $???
so you could buy all the goods for your bike quite easily

yeah im thinking of marzocchi front end and staggs racing rear, should be a killa setup for the shocks and will set me back a pretty penny but its like free money isnt it, cash from your olds as a 21st gift so yeah, it may well be worth it.

Hey mate, i wouldnt spend all that money on the front end i would say just put some heavier oil and new seals in your forks.

Get the different rear end.
140cc Kit, Inner Rotor, porting, oil cooler etc.
Wouldnt even be close to $1500. so you could still go out and get on the piss.

oohhh nah all booze is supplied man, we got over 1.5k in booze allready and the party is 2 weeks away, its going to be off the hook man.

haha to be honest provided your not a tool (come in and cause trouble) you can come, i dont care who is there provided we all have fun so boys from adelaide (or outside if your going to drive to SA to come) if your keen pm me and we will get onto it :D

im all for cosmetics (bike wise)
*fivo racing a frame swing arm in black=$550
*red ebay crf50 plastics= $60
*one industries 2007 dcshoeco graphics =$110
*tag mini bars in red=$100
*protaper synergy grips in red =$15
*factory effex ballistic b3 gripper seat cover black with honda logo=$80
*innova urban camo tyres 12" 10" =$90
*slc racing chain in red = $40
*procurcuit aluminium race pipe =$440
*reeg 50s billet brake pedal =$150

where abouts in adelaide you at i live in salisbury not many bikes round here

dude i have the same bike i would get a set of fastace forks they come with 14'wheel and triple clamps $450 i think . they have heps of comp and rebound adjustment where as the zokes dont have any wat so ever then i would get a better swingarm then start on the motor

i live up in wynn vale man, like 5 minutes from you. not many places to ride around those parts though, always heading out to pelican point, will be out there next week man, i will let you know when we shoot out there, might catch ya.

Better off gettin three big things you would normally be reluctant to spend on. All the little stuff is easy done over time.

This is how I'd do that dosh...
Fully adjustable Fastace forks $500
New i-shock $500
Yosh pipe $500

for me, $500 isnt something i am reluctant about, $2000 is something i am reluctant about but yeah i am going to get the forks done and a 14" 12" setup, its just the rest of the money i need to think about aye. about 600 left..

Hey dude.. ive got a 14inch front and 12inch back with discs on them for sale..

in RED.. used them for about 10 hours, done a few jumps on them and help up fine, reason for selling im going to go smaller wheel set up..

the tyre tread on them is shit... (gotta be honest lol).... ummm..

Im gunna sell them for $100.. an extra $40 ill get a knobby back tyre..

Shoot me a PM if ya interested mate!

Dalton

Latest posts

Back