What year is my pr50z

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xenon459

Reaction score
Sorry if this is the wrong section to post this. How would I go about finding the year of manufacture for my pro50z it's the 107cc version. does anyone know the oil levels for the forks aswell?
also sorry to be a pain I'm kinda knew at this and would like to know what kind of paint I would use on the frame.

one last thing, How do you recommend getting the rust of the chrome part of the forks

engine enamel will last a while if the surface is prepped properly before painting
i use a lot of VHTs' enamels on my bikes and cars.
http://www.vhtpaint.com/products/engineenamel/
i rub back any chips with some 3M brand 320 w@d, get rid if any edges on the chips. so it's smooth.
if you go back to metal give it a couple of light coats of etch primer first, before putting the top coats on
this helps the paint to stick better to the metal
if you are painting over say a faded paint, a few wipes over with some scotchbrite will give the paint a better surface to stick on.

if the rust is only fine stuff you can use some 0000 grade steel wool to polish it off.
http://www.bunnings.com.au/steel-wool-rocket-100g-grade-00-very-fine_p1661304
it wont scratch the chrome if you buy that grade, coarser stuff will though
make sure you clean it up well afterwards, as the steel wool breaks down as you use it and can cause rust if left
wipe it over with WD40 etc after you are done too, to help stop it from coming back

Last edited:
thanks for the tips, I'll be sure to try them out, if it works I'll post some picks (might be a while since I have a fairly busy schedule)

also, its a good idea to wipe it down the things you paint with some prepsol/grease remover. it turns out a lot better!

i'm not a huge fan of Prepsol etc, as it can also help to smear and spread out grease, and silicons too.
personally i have seen it cause a few problems, a Spray Painter will recommend using it, but a Panel Beater usually wont

if you have any bits you want to clean up before you start sanding,
degrease them first, the hose off well (high pressure cleaners are good, and let them dry.
use some general purpose thinners to clean off stubborn stuff.

and to clean up any rust before painting, buy a cheap air compressor ($80 on sale)
and a suction feed sand blaster ($20 on sale)
for the blasting media, i use the cheap builders sand, washed/dry sand costs about $7 for a 20kg bag from Bunnings Hardware etc.
and can be reused if you catch it, and finely sift the foreign bodies out of it.

make sure you blow out your parts really well after blasting them off,
and then get a couple of light coats of Etch Primer on before painting your top coats.

Latest posts

Back