What year motovert?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brapbrap

Reaction score
* WARNING, Noob question :action-smiley-003:

I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on what year this Motovert might be? Also, thoughts/opinions on this model? It's a 140cc, that's about all I know. Hopeing to pick it up Friday arvo.

cheers.

Last edited:
2007 motovert expert. great bike have the 2008 125
mojo dont make them anymore so you wont be able to get parts of them but ebay parts will work or dhz parts. came with all the good billet gear so no cheap throttles, brake pedals or anything like that to worry about.
IMGP0109.jpg

thats the green verison of it

expert4%5B1%5D.jpg

and thats the 2008 model

Last edited:
Righto thanks mate. Bit older than I was hoping for. Does $700 seem like a fair price!?

Last edited:
if it looks looked after and no rattles or miss shifts yeah id say so. so far my motovert has been the best bike to buy. nothing needed replacing till few years after ive had it. alot of them now come with cheap throttles and brake pedals which crack or bend pretty easily. the wheels are pretty soild too

Last edited:
I don't suppose you'd know what sort of hp them 140's put out?! Also, how many litre tank on them? cheers

Go over the frame with a fine tooth comb, it's the alloy frame. Better, lighter, but alloy will start cracking a lot earlier than steel frames ever will, check around the welds too!!

Motovert bike's usually have an alloy build plate riveted to the head tube at the front of the frame, it should have the year etc on it

Deffinately check the frame for cracks. Those frames are known for cracking near the headtube and under the tank.

Thanks for replies. I'm going to have a look at it Friday, will take it all on board :)

They look like a small bike?! What's the seat height on one? I'm about 90kg and 180cm tall. Would this bike be a bit small for me?!

Seat height is around 825mm

There a heap of 6ft tall plus pit bike riders out there

IMG_9573.jpg

IMG_3187.jpg

Some of these guy's are on 50cc bike too

11142268_1569930189935833_1848366778_n.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks again mate. Can you shed some light on this model for me also?! Details are pretty brief on it & the moto vert website tells me bugger all. Thanks in advance:action-smiley-003:

Was looking at the 'new' price and I see the 08 expert is twice the price as the 125 like yours motovert24, is the expert really that much better of a bike?!

mine was like a base model so had a 125 instead of a 140, and had conventional forks not USD marzocchi forks. also has an A frame swingarm like on the crf50 and klx110 instead of the mx style straight swingarm with a better rear shock thats on the expert.
the wheels were also differnet, was a cast alloy hub instead of a billet red or green hub which were much better. the acutal rim wasnt really any differnet just a matte black instead of shiney black.
pretty much everything else was the same.
has a 12 year old it was an awesome bike and upgrading it over the years made it even better. wish i got the expert or pro tho been abit larger and better overall.

Latest posts

Back