What Year?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Killpatrickyum

Sinister 50's No 1 Groupie
Reaction score
Hy guys

starting to do some research on a full size,

what year did the Yamaha WRF become water cooled?
Also what year did they ditch the blue steel frame n go alloy?
n u guys reckon something along theselines would be a good buy?

LOW USE 2007 wr 250f | eBay

Pretty sure they have always had a water bottle. (maybe about to proven wrong though....) As for the frame, I dunno?

WRF's have been water cooled since their introduction ;)

That's about the year I'd be looking, although the WR's have a good reputation all round so you can prob go a bit older if you want to save some cash... No idea what year the ally frame came in, have a look at a few and see!

Yep, the WRF's received the alloy frame in 2007. One year after YZF's went alloy frame, and two years after the YZ's went alloy frame. The WR's are good bikes, Yamaha reliability, and great to ride in the trails and in the bush. They are way under suspended if you were thinking about taking one out to a motocross track though. What sorta riding you thinking of doing Patrick ??

Well I'd like to be able to hit the odd track with it but the main reason I lookn at this type of bike is coz I'd like to get out n do some nice trails n bush riding to mix things up a bit. Am I better off finding a good track mx bike not raced and just get a rec reg kit for it?

Latest posts

Back