whats faster

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
don't tell me your gonna get a kx65!

dude those bikes are nuts if your not confident.

learn how to ride the 125cc and learn about the engine etc etc before you go off grabbing a bike that you can't operate properly

hey whats about a klx 110 would that beat a 125cc

wat kinda 125cc brand?
but klx110 in stock form are all so powerful so ill say the 125cc

who wants to test this theory and put it to an end. i reckon a race should be set up between these two bikes. a drag and then a race on a mx track. who wit

who wants to test this theory and put it to an end. i reckon a race should be set up between these two bikes. a drag and then a race on a mx track. who wit

Ill be up for it once i get my KLX. imean there not that FAST there a freaking kids bike FFS. but they have potential, hence my decision to purchase one!

where abouts are u wiesel123

Not true. a DT175 does not have powerband. Only 2-stroke MX bikes do.

dude... do you know anything?

of course it will, it might not boot you in the ass but it definately will have a better rev range.

incase you don't know... you cant take apart an engine and pull out the "powerband"

Weird comparison any way you look at it. Words like "faster" and "win" depends totally on how you race the two bikes. You can eliminate rider skill and body weight just by using a stop watch and getting each rider to ride each bike. I guess most people here mean a drag race on a sealed surface. Which IMO is a boring as bat $h!t comparison for dirt bikes.

dude... do you know anything?

of course it will, it might not boot you in the ass but it definately will have a better rev range.

incase you don't know... you cant take apart an engine and pull out the "powerband"

I owned a 95 DT175 and I can tell you now it did NOT have ‘power band’. It had a range of higher power within the rev range like any 4 stroke bike or car does also. It does not have power band. And yes you can take power band out of an engine if it has power valves as some 2 strokes do. That’s why inexperienced riders get the power valved adjusted!

Yeah but a powervalve still isnt the actual powerband, it just adjusts it.

I had a 125 with a great powerband. So good I kept it. Just the band. Still got it in a jar.

Sorry, bad humor but could not resist. The whole powerband terminology thing is funny.

I know people think of it as a top end hit when a 2-stroke is "on the pipe". IMO every engine has a powerband of sorts. For diesel bulldozers their band starts at idle ... a bit like my lifan140 with the A1 cam, and my KX450F.

I dont have an RPM tacho on my Lifan 140. On my 450F the band (torque hit) is *wide* and goes from 1800 all the way to 9500, and the "over rev" is very good to 11200. Absolutely amazing engine. Love it. :D The Lifan 140 with the A1 is a real joy, and at a guess is torquey from about 2500 to 7000. Still really nice! A torque range of 4500 (my guess) with tall gearing makes the thing (MSO 140SR) real easy to ride fast.

Last edited:
the guru's call it an optimum rev range

hell my misses pulsar's optimum rev range is betweem 3-5000 rpm

and it still goes like a box of snot

If anything an MX 2 stroke could be accurately described as having HALF a power band .... that's why they get creamed by the MX four strokes :p IF two strokes were such good engines speedway bikes , F1 and Top fuel cars would use them since they are exclusively designed and built for racing .... their engines aren't fitted to any road going cars or anything the general public uses ...... according to the two stroke crowd they could save themselves a fortune in manufacturing , maintenance and repair costs by using two stroke engines instead of 4 stroke engines ... but the truth is that 2 strokes are inferior racing engines in comparison to a matched race built 4 stroke .......

Misconception

Since the power band is in between the peak torque and peak power the distance between the peaks can change how the car/bike behaves when it reaches it. A two stroke's power band is very short and the bike will seem to 'jump' when it hits it, whereas a four stroke typically has a greater distance between the peaks therefore giving the impression that it doesn't have one due to the fact that it isn't jerky. However, a four stroke can be tuned to have a narrow power band and it will jerk much like a two stroke.

Power band - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Latest posts

Back