What's that crazy bastid doin now?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_GDFP

Master Spanner Spinner
Reaction score
4 valves, even bigger ones :)

c257b275.jpg

what is this head off and whats it going on this time?

loving the work as always Terry!!

Remember, 155cc limit and I'll road race the piss out of it. Where did you end up finding a head?

Josh, I scored one on eBay. Slightly tired but I planned to go through it any way.
You'll be in line for the second one. First version is going on my ride.

Have you settled on a bottom (rear?) end to slap it onto?

Edit: I was wrong, I'm allowed 158cc now...

Initial version is going on a Z-Ho, in a formerly-125cc 90 Production ATV. We'll be trying it in Schoolboy Jr against the 300EX's. AMA allows water cooling, keeping me out of the double oil pump setup for now. I hope a Tak TAF 5-speed will live.

Interesting, surprised you're not going with a 1st gear kick Daytona setup instead. Tossing a 5spd in should be interesting as well, the old small block versions of those gearboxes couldn't hold up to a stout 88cc build, but they had much less room to work with too.

I'll be restricted to air cooling, but I don't think a double oil pump setup will be needed. I'm thinking just use the oil cooler circuit to feed the water passages in the head and call it good. Worst case I'll rig a mount for an oil cooler and a small fan off that same loop.

Keep me in the loop as this progresses. It's either this or the new Daytona if it lands soon enough for my machine.

Josh,
Team members are running the new D150 already, in a couple corners of the world.
So far, feedback has been great.

This build is restricted to the Zonger cases, by AMA rules. Internals aren't as limited ;)

Without extensive internal coatings (which we're running, any way), at least a second Chinese oil pump is needed, BTU-wise. Double-stacked, with a longer shaft, easy work. I'll be using a Polaris snowmobile water pump on this. I may try a post-season switch to Royal Purple 0w5 and combine the circuits, as a test. The last of the factory Yoshimura GSX-R oiler's had 5-8 coolers hanging off the bikes, depending on track, and still lost 20+HP at the end of a race. Maybe try some E85 in the TDMR33? They had about 200HP/Liter, well above the BMEP we're working with. This year.

Ok, the AMA restriction 'splains the case choice, now it all becomes clear.

On the oil front, I've run Silkolene 0w20 with great results. It's perfect for a liquid cooled rig, flows like water, protects like you have a zinc paste hose going at all the wear points.

So when am I getting body parts to bring this beast to life

Head is on the truck for delivery to me, today. I've got some mockup work to do for chassis fitment, pump drive, carb clearance. You still have a Wiseco 66mm for the R? Can you get me a pin height?

Head is on the truck for delivery to me, today. I've got some mockup work to do for chassis fitment, pump drive, carb clearance. You still have a Wiseco 66mm for the R? Can you get me a pin height?

ha ha i like that idea have you do all the hard work. then its just simply need this like this and that right there. 66 for the +R? if your asking about that one its scrapped. still have the 66 for the 150r 11:1 CR and comp height is 0.803"~20.4mm

Gotta be oil cooled too. Scary, that cylinder almost looks right at home on that block. The head's a bit big though, looks like Timmy from Southpark has tipped his chair over... :D

So, whatcha thinking, spacer to move the cam chain sprocket over, custom stator backing plate to make room? BRAAAAAP! My first race is April 15th, how can I help make this happen?

Gotta be oil cooled too. Scary, that cylinder almost looks right at home on that block. The head's a bit big though, looks like Timmy from Southpark has tipped his chair over... :D

So, whatcha thinking, spacer to move the cam chain sprocket over, custom stator backing plate to make room? BRAAAAAP! My first race is April 15th, how can I help make this happen?

Well, Jo$h, I'll $ee if I can find a way for you to $upport the progre$$.

Seriously, though, gimme a call.

As-is, it's almost exactly the same height as a mid-block. 51mm short jug helps.
Cam drive is covered, but I'm not $haring $ecrets just yet.

Latest posts

Back