????whats the best value for money????

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ROMPA

Reaction score
hey guys looking to purchase a new big wheel pit bike 140cc and above.the 2 i have in mind are a assassin 140cc and a tty 150cc all experiences and feedback would be great:

TTY Racing 150cc Big Wheel Pit Bike

150cc Air Cooled SOHC single cylinder 4-stroke Engine with external oil cooler
4 Speed manual transmission
Mikuni Carburetor with Foam air filter
Hydraulic disc front brake with single piston caliper
Hydraulic disc rear brake with single piston caliper
USD Front forks
Mono shock rear suspension with adjustable spring preload
Billet Alloy triple clamps with adjustable risers
Alloy folding front brake / clutch levers
17" Front Wheel
14" Rear Wheel
428 Gold Chain
Bashplate
Removable sub-frame
Performance exhaust system
OR
***9702;140cc 4 Stroke YX big bore oil-cooled Engine.

***9702;HD Oil-Cooler

***9702;HD cradle frame for extra engine support.

***9702;Genuine 28mm Molkt Carbie.

***9702;4 Speed Clutch N 1 2 3 4.

***9702;Daul Layer Aif Filter.

***9702;Soft Grips.

***9702;Crf Style Kill Swtich.

***9702;USD Factory Forks.

***9702;Oversized Disc F & R Brakes 210mm Front 200mm Rear .

***9702;Braided Brake Lines

***9702;HD Footpeg Mount & Pegs.

***9702;Ball Bearing Swingarm.

***9702;HD Swingarm.

***9702;428 KMC Chain.

***9702;14'' Rear 17'' Front.

***9702;HD Rear Shock.

***9702;Big Bore Pipe.

***9702;Kick Start.

***9702;Seat height 860MM

Or buying a cheap ass used bike $500
rebuild the top end, and bigbore $350
New gpx forks $400
dnm shock $150 something
total=$1250
along with a good quality chain and sprockets almost no matter what pitty you buy new they will come with cheap ones (most likley)
better than spending 2k at a shop for a relatively crappy bike

Yeah, I think the best way to get a pit bike is buy a second hand one. That way all the weak stuff would have failed and you can replace it all with stronger things to make a strong custom bike.

Hang on champ, before you race out and spend your cash. How about a little insight to your riding back ground, hight, weight and where you prefer to ride. Some or most Second hand Pitbikes in my opinion can and will be potential problematic money pits. If your handy with a spanner and have a few spare parts or cash and are willing to spend the time, go search for a good second hand bike because they are out there! But if your not all of those things maybe a new bike could be a better option.
But most important is how and where you intend to ride the thing, then we can help you with info on what bike would most likely suit you best! :)

"Some or most Second hand Pitbikes in my opinion can and will be potential problematic money pits"
Not if your replacing the forks and swinga and depending on the $$ range upgrading the head, piston :p

i would say the crf 70 style or 50 style would be a bit of a money pit imo
but a nice non linkage can be picked up nice and cheap
or a linkage for a a bit more

Get linkage, its so amazing!:cool:

what do u mean by linkage??i am a qualified plant mechanic and am handy with tools welding and paint etc i weigh 76kg and am 157cm tall i have just sold my honda xr250 to buy and have sum fun on a pitbike with my kids and the misses.i am looking just to do a bit of trail riding hope this helps,thanks guys for the feedback so far,cheers

what do u mean by linkage??i am a qualified plant mechanic and am handy with tools welding and paint etc i weigh 76kg and am 157cm tall i have just sold my honda xr250 to buy and have sum fun on a pitbike with my kids and the misses.i am looking just to do a bit of trail riding hope this helps,thanks guys for the feedback so far,cheers

Well mate I'd definitely be going a second hand lxr mate Hands down! But if it's a big wheel you've got your sites on, send ol Rotn50 a msg he's got a bit of Xp with these big wheels bikes with linkage suspension and can definitely point you in the right direction!

Hope this helps mate! :)

Check out FOTM Harry's (Miniriders) lxr has linkage compared to say Rodney's Braap maestro which is non linkage. Basically my understanding of linkage suspension is they've moved the leverage point of the shock forward to allow for a larger/longer shock. Hence being able to set your shock soft for smaller bumps but still have enough travel for the bigger jumps.
Someone else like My67xr (Craig) will be able to explain it in more detail for you.

Last edited:
Yeah, "linkages" allow more pivot points for the shock's "shock" to pass through, so when that shock energy passes up to you on the bike, you wont feel it as much as you would on a "traditional" non linkage bike. it also allows alot more travlel in the rear (thats always a good thing isnt it?? :p) without having to run a larger shock, which would in turn lead to chain roller issues, you'd be going through them like hotcakes ;). but yeah, someone with an actual lxr (this bike has linkage) would be able to explain it alot better for you :)

A linkage converts the shock energy absorption from a linear motion to a progressive motion. With linear motion it means that the shocks stiffness is the same throughout its linear range (compress it twice as much and get twice as much resistance, like a straight line graph). This occurs on non linkage shocks with single rate springs.

A linkage suspension bike has a progressive curve meaning that the resistance grows exponentially as the shock is compressed (imagine a curved line graph). This allows it to be very soft when going over the smaller stuff so that it soaks it up easily but with the same tune you can go over much larger jumps and the shock will handle like it is a stiffer setup.

That's the best way that I can explain it, I'm sure that Wikipedia will be able to explain it far better than I can

ok so i have found a LEI 125cc bigwheel bike for $200 which i was planning to put a lifan 150cc engine in after i completly strip it and paint the frame and swing arm and it also needs a new rear 14" rim.

ok so i have found a LEI 125cc bigwheel bike for $200 which i was planning to put a lifan 150cc engine in after i completly strip it and paint the frame and swing arm and it also needs a new rear 14" rim.
Looking for a 2nd hand bike that your going to strip anyway is more like frame shopping.. Lei Moto 125cc xy thumpstar - YouTube i belive those frames have a tendancy to snap at the headstem and yeah thats not good..
the lifan 150 is a good idea there pretty strong motors but personally i would be buying some gpx forks before i go a better motor (been there done that) and now i cant ride the new motor due to messed up forks

i just bought a pitster pro x4 with the 150cc gpx motor looking at purchasing parts from DHZ for it

a new or used X4 ?

they were 14f/12r wheel bikes, non linkage rear end.
at least you can upgrade the motor later, to a 177 with a big bore kit when you want more power from it.

Last edited:
Its a used x4,i decided the seat height was quite high and comfortable for me to ride cause im a bit of a short arse,i got the bike for $300,i just bought a new sticker kit and an air filter and spark plug,sum grips,kick start lever and gear leaver plus a heap of parts to revamp my sons 110cc quad

Latest posts

Back