whats the better 150 engine

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not really.
Check ebay.
140 12 horsepower
150 16 horsepower
160 18 horsepower.
bet ya

lol check ebay ....... gota stay Cactus and mountain are right on there

penumbra the daytonas will be out soon, we got 2 flying over... they soon be here on monday

i dont know why i bother... but
why believe that then if u dont believe others.

..maybe we ride this things for dozen of years and know that it needs alot more then an ebay advertisment to get 14+ HP:p :D

i need help.....
im building a bike from ground up,
btu i dont know which motor would be better and faster.
a GPX 150cc or a Lifan Big Bore 150cc.
which do use recommend to get. im confused and dont know which one is better and everything i dont want a shit motor .
so what use think

I got the 150 Daytona dunn about 10 hours on it 2 hours on sat at Broady MX track in melb the 150 looks like my Daytona 125 but the head is very diffrent looking .:)

hmmmm the only person that i know running a daychina 150 in a vert pro

is mike reefman

so reefy what on earth are you doin riding at broady

me lifan is the mid it's the best of both worlds

it was perfect riding the supercross track today i.e long enough in 2nd to get over the doubles

yet short enough in 3rd to torque up at high speed out of the berms to hit the big stuff on the motorcross track

was muddy as today

i dont know why i bother... but
why believe that then if u dont believe others.

The second set of specs were the genuine specs for a YX150 (11hp @ 9,500 rpm) yet some ebay sellers are claiming 16 BSHP .....

The 125's @ 7.78 to 8.45 hp specs were shown for comparison .... a 150 is only 25 cc bigger ie 25 cc = a 20 % bigger engine yet somehow the 150 @ 16 hp is claimed to make near 100 % more power from that extra 25 cc ... it just doesn't add up .......

Pax Racing USA claims they have dyno'd a stock YX 150 at 12.2 hp with a 4.1 pipe (about a $400+ pipe and they'd be using a much better carb than the MOLKT)

YX 150 or New lifan 150? - Page 2 - Planet Minis

Last edited:
It seems that Pax Racing has a bad memory and has fudged the HP specs up to 12.2 with the FMF 4.1 pipe ..... :p

In the link below they state ......[hey staggs racing we dyno the 150yx in a ssr bike and out of the box 10.4 hp, than put on a one off fmf 4.1 pipe and got 11.7 hp . this week end we are doing a 178 scut motor.]

GPX yx150 vs. OGM 150yx - Page 5 - Planet Minis

And ... we've been thru the hp thing before ..... :D

http://www.miniriders.com.au/forum/tech-talk/14848-what-engine-do-you-want-2.html

i need help.....
im building a bike from ground up,
btu i dont know which motor would be better and faster.
a GPX 150cc or a Lifan Big Bore 150cc.
which do use recommend to get. im confused and dont know which one is better and everything i dont want a shit motor .
so what use think

where you want to ride...??? Street..dirt..???
The GPX can be build to a real monster , but out of the box the lifan is the better engine,I think...for 90% of evrybody here on the forum more then enough:p

Yeah Lifan 150 or better still .... a YX160 which has strong bottom end torque like the Lifan ....

You can buy more high performance parts for the YX engines ... as long as you have an equally "high performance" bank balance ....

Engine Parts

Latest posts

Back