whats the better 150 engine

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bikeboy

Reaction score
Help I say!!! Well been a while since my last post but now its time to get a new engine for my pit pro xr. Whats the better 140 or 150 engine to use? I know that motovert have daytona 125cc but i want more!!! Whats the deal guys? :confused:

The choice really comes down too YX 140cc motor as best of the bunch for 140cc or YX 150cc if you want more power without having to perform any mods. Look these things are like the computer industry as soon as you get something there is a better product out next week. Late june will see the first of the new 160cc motors in Aust also and there are 175cc made in China now also. I guess it all boils down to the same old thing how fast you go depends on how mush coin you shell out. Lifan have dropped quality on their motors and I see gearbox issues and all sorts of stuff go wrong with them all the time. I would go with one of the YX motors. I use them, and very happy with them. A worked 140cc in my race bike and a slightly worked 150cc squeezed into my X3R pitster pro. But as you have a PIT PRO I would save up and by a better bike with 150cc in it.......No disrespect intended......at least your into it ;)........Better to sell a well enjoyed bike and move up and forward than to keep shelling coin out on older bikes.

Last edited:
if u got money buy a daytona 150 or a big daytona motor shit all over the YX motors

shit all over the YX motors.... u can race mine :)

bikeboy, it all comes down to what you want. if u want to keep it stock, save some money and get a lifan, if u want to stroke and bore it, get the YX/GPX.

yx and gpx arent the same engines buddy
a yx is more of a breed between a lifan and jialing (gpx)
did u also know that yx stands for yingxang???
:p

dingdong your wrong!

sorry but gpx just rebrands engines, for their 125cc they use jialings, the 140 and 150 and 160s are yx engines, so you could actually say that gpx is more like yx couldnt you?

ahah, all this pinglings and jinglings are getting me confused ahahaha.
i had a Lifan and served me well. but there were some minor gearbox issues. like going into nuetral when shifting into 3. but they are chinese cheap minibikes so i dont really mind, i dont expect real good quality for the money i fork out. i wouldnt mind getting a jap n customizing it but it sounds like so much time, work n money. not worth it at the end of the day if im just a recreational rider putting around.

...but there were some minor gearbox issues. like going into nuetral when shifting into 3...QUOTE]

thats all yesterdays news..the new engines have different trannyßs so no big hustle there...the yx150 has a klx110 cylinderstud spacing..so you can put all the big sh!t for klx on it....up to 177cc without caseboring...also you need a klx exhaust for it!
The lifan150 is a bigger bore version of the good old 140...only with a fly outarotor ignition and a cute oilfiltercover!
Out of the box a lifan is the better engine, no doubt, but the options are limited...so I think for your purpose its the right one;)

yeah agreed mountain, if you are looking to keep it stock go the lifan ;)

I have a YX150 in a 08 Motovert expert it goes hard but not as hard as my 08 Motovert pro with a Daytona 150 in it the Daytona 150 REVs much harder before getting the daytona 150 i had a Lifan 150 in the Pro Went like the yx 150 hard but not as hard as Daytona .:)

dingdong your wrong!

sorry but gpx just rebrands engines, for their 125cc they use jialings, the 140 and 150 and 160s are yx engines, so you could actually say that gpx is more like yx couldnt you?
the jialing/yx 140 runs a lifan head too :p

tubes380 is right . When you order motors from China you can get any name you want put on them if you want.

I have a YX150 in a 08 Motovert expert it goes hard but not as hard as my 08 Motovert pro with a Daytona 150 in it the Daytona 150 REVs much harder before getting the daytona 150 i had a Lifan 150 in the Pro Went like the yx 150 hard but not as hard as Daytona .:)

HOLD ON...daytona 150...I would like to see a picture of that!!:cool:

Daytona 150

HOLD ON...daytona 150...I would like to see a picture of that!!:cool:

I got the 150 Daytona dunn about 10 hours on it 2 hours on sat at Broady MX track in melb the 150 looks like my Daytona 125 but the head is very diffrent looking .:)

yx and gpx arent the same engines buddy
a yx is more of a breed between a lifan and jialing (gpx)
did u also know that yx stands for yingxang???
:p

Actually they are the same

gpx is just a name pisterpro made for the components on its bike
You may notice they refer to there rear shocks as GPX shocks although they are actually DNM, The gpx 150cc is just a rebranded 150yx with the GPX ignition cover

Last edited:
we all know that...only ducar was sleeping the last year!:p :p :p

Latest posts

Back