whats the better engine?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daniel40

Reaction score
hey everyone what is a better engine a lifan 140cc or a GPX 125cc? which has better performance and which would last longer im guessing the GPX, cheers.

Last edited:
I'd say the GPX. Eventhough I have never ridden a bike with a GPX I've only ever heard good things about them.

i say lifan 140 cuz teh have a shit load of power but i dunno about the gpx cuz i have neva riden one:D

my mate has a gpx 110 3 valve and it hammers it can beat my ducar 125 so the gpx 125 would be a awsome as motor

GPX USA is about a hundred times better, they're used in Thumpstar and Pitster Pro, absolute mad engine. Im buying one to replace my lifan 140.

yeh thats what i was thinking of doing with my 125 dont know yet.

No question about it... The Lifan 140cc. Both pretty much have the same strength gearbox and the Lifan has the big valve head. Comparing GPX/jailing to Lifan I would say they are both equal as far as quality and reliability goes. They are both made in China.

Last edited:
GPX USA is about a hundred times better, they're used in Thumpstar and Pitster Pro, absolute mad engine. Im buying one to replace my lifan 140.

GPX Jialing is 100 x better than Lifan ????????? Well Pitster had better do something about the top engine mounts on their "supreme" GPX motors - because they can crack even in a cradle frame ! :eek: :mad: :( :confused:

http://imgcash4.imageshack.us/Himg1...184&filename=x4htbjv7.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=480

http://imgcash2.imageshack.us/Himg1...7&filename=img0490so5.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=480

Stick to your Lifan 140 or fork out for one of the XY150 engines which have strengthened engine mount lugs :

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m29/fiddy_110/DSCN8203.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe... I have heard of the gearbox's going on them. I still think they're still better after riding one and seeing them.

GPX Jialing is 100 x better than Lifan ????????? Well Pitster had better do something about the top engine mounts on their "supreme" GPX motors - because they can crack even in a cradle frame ! :eek: :mad: :( :confused:

http://imgcash4.imageshack.us/Himg1...184&filename=x4htbjv7.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=480

http://imgcash2.imageshack.us/Himg1...7&filename=img0490so5.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=480

Stick to your Lifan 140 or fork out for one of the XY150 engines which have strengthened engine mount lugs :

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m29/fiddy_110/DSCN8203.jpg

That's shocking yet I was wondering if you can post up a full link of where did you get the picture as I would love to know if there would be a solution for the problem.

Personally I've got a X4R with 125cc GPX USA on it soon it will be 146cc. Never had the chance race with anyone here just yet, during mods up my dream piece but as far as I am concern Jialing is way better than Lifan from both reputation (All respected brands are using Jialing such as Motovert, Pitsterpro, Thump, Workz etc) as well as technology (Jialing is the only engine factory co-manufactory with Honda in China). Then my question is why not Lifan engine, cuz the engine only going to help make more profits out of single deal since lifan engines are way cheaper.

PS GPX USA is not a brand name but more like a symbol of quality for a race ready engine, which placed by SGR team. that engine is the only one got the problem I've seen so far and we are talking about over 5 years history of reputation of the company just feel lazy to think how many GPX USA out there running without no probs. It's probably the same thing like that clear cut Motovert Expert frame in US, can you say that bike is no good? Bit hard to claim that hay!

Last edited:
Well it has obviously happened from this guy (who I might add is NOT very solidly built) landing on flat ground on the bike and the crud suspension obviously allowed the frame to be jarred when it bottomed out .

http://imgcash2.imageshack.us/Himg1...7&filename=dsc0393ca8.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=480

The cradle part of the frame MUST have bent downwards putting a sharp jarring force on the top left hand engine mount for the case to crack like that .

Look in the "don't kickstart your bike too hard" thread to see all the GPX's and Jialings that have busted kickstarter gears .

If you like , I can find links to busted primary and clutch gears , broken gearbox gears , seized 146 kits etc - ALL GPX and Pitster . You don't want to know what I've seen and know about 'em dude - it'll make ya head spin !!!!! :p :)

That's ok let someone bash the GPX, but just like I said something good would stand still, yet I would love to say thx to CJ since he kinda prove my statement that Jialing is with HOnda.

That's ok let someone bash the GPX, but just like I said something good would stand still, yet I would love to say thx to CJ since he kinda prove my statement that Jialing is with HOnda.

WERE with Honda - but not any more - the venture had $35.7 million capital :

Honda Worldwide | April 11, 2005 "Honda and Jialing Announce Business Direction in China"

JIALING-HONDA DROPS OUT OF CHINA'S MOTORCYCLE MARKET - AsiaInfo Services - HighBeam Research

Lifan turns over $203 million US a year - 2 million motors - 1 million bikes - and has turned over US $329 million at one point - and has a patent ownership of 3807 - that's why they can offer 140 cc engines with big valve heads cheaper and make advancements quicker - because they're filthy rich NOT because the motors are inferior ! Jialing is running a poorboy venture in comparison . Before people go knocking Lifan - maybe they should do their own research first .

Lifan Group
Lifan Group

WERE with Honda - but not any more - the venture had $35.7 million capital :

Honda Worldwide | April 11, 2005 "Honda and Jialing Announce Business Direction in China"

JIALING-HONDA DROPS OUT OF CHINA'S MOTORCYCLE MARKET - AsiaInfo Services - HighBeam Research

Lifan turns over $203 million US a year - 2 million motors - 1 million bikes - and has turned over US $329 million at one point - and has a patent ownership of 3807 - that's why they can offer 140 cc engines with big valve heads cheaper and make advancements quicker - because they're filthy rich NOT because the motors are inferior ! Jialing is running a poorboy venture in comparison . Before people go knocking Lifan - maybe they should do their own research first .

Lifan Group
Lifan Group

I’d never thought I would start all the research like I was did back in school but since someone so much as like to play the puzzle numbers here. I might as well give some figures just so ppl can draw the comparison by themselves as which engine is better than the other (that’s if only the numbers gonna help for somebody to understand)

I am not so sure what year the turn overs of lifan was been mentioned before but hey I m lazy here so I only do 2005 second half year turn over of Jialing Honda China co,op. (so the company is no longer excist huh?)

1556 million CNY, which according current foreign exchange rate that’s approx 201 million USD, someone might say hey that’s less than 203 Million I’ve got there for the Lifan. Well like I said it’s for 2005 second half year. Well if the figure still not convinced enough then check this out. This is the direct Quote from someone ‘s link

“Honda Motor (China) Investment Co., Ltd. proved that Jialing Industrial had decided to sell its 20% stake in Jialing-Honda to Honda and 30% to Honda China. After the acquisition, Honda will have a 70% stake in Jialing-Honda, which will then shift focus to engine production.”

Correct me if I m bit numb here but I think that means the Japs take over the Jialinghonda China and gonna focus produce more engines and since it’s gonna all use Jap’s quality control can I save to say the engine is better? oh by the way next time if someone try to claim the statement by using figures then make sure be little bit fair to both sides. Here is Quote "WERE with Honda - but not any more - the venture had $35.7 million capital" dude that's 1993 figure mate, try not to fool ppl with that cuz lifan just had it's 1 year old birthday in 1993 (established in 1992) with no more than 1 million in pocket (Guess sale vulme is better strategy than focus on quality huh). PS All the info I've got here is from some serious overtime research, so please doing bit more than just copy and paste the info from Lifan's website introduction sector next time.

Last edited:
Explain why since own 70 % company Honda scared is to put name on side of engine instead of GPX or Jialng is equalling to sales more ??????? Why not this is - HUH ? No need to do muching research - brain is registering on funny nerves !

Latest posts

Back