whats the better engine?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lifan vs Jialing

Hey guys, take it easy on each other; you are both correct and I dont think there is one clear answer.

Jialing 125cc reliability is better, but the Lifan 140cc is pumping out more power. Bit of a tradeoff really.

Personally I think the Jialing Honda co-opertion is more about supplying the chinese domestic market than making performance pit bike engines, in saying that I dont have hard stats to back it up, but looking at the size and nature of the two markets I think it is pretty obvious.

Maybe it would be more suitable to compare a Lifan 120cc to a Jialing/GPX 125cc engine?

I've had both engines apart and built race engines from both. I have checked every tolerance and all clearances. I have also followed closely the work done with these engines worldwide, and failures in both engines.
There is no way Jailing is 'way' better or even a little bit better. And definately not over the Lifan 140. How can it be? For a start they are using a nearly identical design. The Jailing head is a throw away item useful only as a paperweight, the Jailing seem to be showing a weakness in the gears and clutch setup which is not showing in the Lifan. As for reliability I would have to say Lifan ATM.
As for power and torque, the 125 Jailing compared to the Lifan 140 obviously is not in the race.
I'm in the middle of building a 150 and 160 this week from 140 base Lifan engines. After stripping them down and completely checking the bottom ends, I gotta tell you these things are dead true and in every respect. This kind of precision is where reliability and performance comes from and can be built apon with confidence.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back